Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dish Network needs a reminder...

Dish Network needs a reminder...

Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:07 am
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Dish Network needs a reminder...

True we have BBC america even if it does show endless repeats of ground force etc and im thankful for Eastenders on PPV but why are they ignoring all the millions of British ex-pats ?
they have spanish packages, chinese ,german, french, indian, polish etc lots of packages except a British package !!

I have wrote Dish asking for a Brit package, it can be done !
please write Dish and help get some decent Brit tv on !!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dish Network needs a reminder...

Goodluck
There's plenty on BBCA about what programs you want, and loads of people fill in the forms, but they dont' take any notice....
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:17 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Goodluck
There's plenty on BBCA about what programs you want, and loads of people fill in the forms, but they dont' take any notice....
let me know when you want me to stop asking for ground force and changing rooms.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
let me know when you want me to stop asking for ground force and changing rooms.

when we had our tv and satalite system hooked up, the first thing I watched on TV which Changing Rooms in ******* Huddersfield...how sad is that?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:24 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
when we had our tv and satalite system hooked up, the first thing I watched on TV which Changing Rooms in ******* Huddersfield...how sad is that?
I think I saw that one myself. did they do this ceramic tile thing on their mams mantlepiece?

it was *****ing gopping and no mistake.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

I think I saw that one myself. did they do this ceramic tile thing on their mams mantlepiece?

it was *****ing gopping and no mistake.

yeah, it was minging..
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:28 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by woodsey
yeah, it was minging..
but still was very sad of you to watch.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

but still was very sad of you to watch.

I hang my head in shame
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Could you stop asking for the ******* other crappy stuff as well!

UK Nova, now there's the solution. If I could just figure out how to transfer our downloads to our big screen telly!! It would be nice to watch Two Pints on the there instead of small laptop screen.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Could you stop asking for the ******* other crappy stuff as well!

UK Nova, now there's the solution. If I could just figure out how to transfer our downloads to our big screen telly!! It would be nice to watch Two Pints on the there instead of small laptop screen.

its easy.... I do it ALL the time.

1. to go www.xbox-scene.com - read the articles, all the gubbins and LEARN how to hack your own xbox... or... ignore it all.. read the ADVERTS and pay someone to supply you with a pre-hacked pre-installed xbox.

2. install a file server app (from www.xbox-scene.com) on your pc and point it at your video/music files

3. setup a network between your xbox and your pc...

4. install Xbox Media Centra (again.. get info from www.xbox-scene.com)

5. ENJOY.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Easy...get a dvd burner and convert shite and burn it...or, get a dvd player that plays mpeg 4 and just burn the stuff to a regular cd and play it on the player...

The Philips jobby ain't to bad, and it's got an easy hack...
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:55 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

I know someone high up there. I'll ask.....
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Easy...get a dvd burner and convert shite and burn it...or, get a dvd player that plays mpeg 4 and just burn the stuff to a regular cd and play it on the player...

That's what I did- bought a DVD burner (also got a cheapie divx player to cover all bases)... now I need another computer to be able to download even more There aren't enough hours in the day to download and burn all I'd like to from there. UkNova rocks!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Hubby has burned them to a cd, but couldn't figure out how to get them to work. So not every dvd player plays mpeg 4 and some have hacks? Questions, Bobo dear.....we have two dvd players, one for region 1 and because we couldn't hack that one we bought the cheapy to hack for region 2 dvds....I wonder if one of these will do the job?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Taffyles
...There aren't enough hours in the day to download and burn all I'd like to from there. UkNova rocks!
That's true, if I had the space, I wouldn't mind getting the jeeves and wooster, poirot and inspector morse...but there huge...and would kill any ratio i'd have on nova *l*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.