Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Discount tickets to London

Discount tickets to London

Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:15 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discount tickets to London

Originally Posted by Philgr
The $173 is one-way - it does say that in the small print - but it is a bit misleading.

I don't know if the NY price is a good deal - the SFO-LHR prices are pretty good - if you can find availability
I just booked three tickets on United from San Francisco to Leeds/Bradford via Heathrow for Christmas and got them for $2500.00 which I thought was bloody great
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:18 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I just booked three tickets on United from San Francisco to Leeds/Bradford via Heathrow for Christmas and got them for $2500.00 which I thought was bloody great
Did you use the virgin link? Which website did you use? I wanna go home for Christmas too.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:27 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Did you use the virgin link? Which website did you use? I wanna go home for Christmas too.
Sarah, I checked out all flights online for the Christmas period and BA and United were the cheapest to fly to Heathrow with a flight to Leeds/Bradford Airport, leaving December 16th and returning January 6th. The flights were $1100 each. I called a friend who is a travel agent and she got me the exact same flights for $2500.00.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:33 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Sarah, I checked out all flights online for the Christmas period and BA and United were the cheapest to fly to Heathrow with a flight to Leeds/Bradford Airport, leaving December 16th and returning January 6th. The flights were $1100 each. I called a friend who is a travel agent and she got me the exact same flights for $2500.00.
Ta
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I priced the NY-Lon flight too. It looks like the advertised $173 morphed into $256, and then almost $200 in surcharges was added on. Not so much of a deal at $454 for a late-October return.

Originally Posted by Philgr
The $173 is one-way - it does say that in the small print - but it is a bit misleading.

I don't know if the NY price is a good deal - the SFO-LHR prices are pretty good - if you can find availability