Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Disabled child and health care...

Disabled child and health care...

Old May 26th 2011, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disabled child and health care...

Originally Posted by Lurkaholic
Good question. I was actually advised to do so by a professional working with Autistic children in Wisconsin for supplementary coverage of additional hours of therapies such as speech, occupational, etc, if needed. In addition, the person who told me a GC was necessary is working for the State of WI, was informed of my child being autistic and didn't seem to bat an eyelid. That being said, I will be sure to explore further.
Agreed on the school district research. I have reached out to a few and collating info as we speak. I'm getting some good help which I am appreciative of.
Very true on the additional therapy hours. School districts only offer the minimum and it can be a very dismal group therapy. Definitely check on your health insurance. Some can be very good and pay for such things as ABA (although some school districts already incorporate this into their programs.)

Good luck!