British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dirty Dancing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dirty-dancing-300975/)

doctor scrumpy May 5th 2005 10:26 am

Dirty Dancing

Texas drops raunchy cheerleading

Texas' state House has approved a bill to restrict "overtly sexually suggestive" cheerleading to more ladylike performances.

The decision followed an alternately comic and fiery debate -- punctuated by several politicians waving pompons.

The bill would give the state education commissioner authority to request that school districts review high school performances.

Democratic Rep Al Edwards, who filed the legislation, said bawdy performances are a distraction for students resulting in pregnancies, dropouts and the spread of sexually-transmitted diseases.

The bill passed on a 65-56 vote. It must still be approved by the Senate and signed by Republican governor Rick Perry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it IS true what they told you at Catholic school, dancing close to someone else makes babies then !

franc111s May 5th 2005 12:03 pm

Re: Dirty Dancing

Have you seen how kids dance at a disco these days. Cheer leading ain't got nothing on that !!

Duncan Roberts May 5th 2005 2:03 pm

Democratic Rep Al Edwards, who filed the legislation, said bawdy performances are a distraction for students resulting in pregnancies, dropouts and the spread of sexually-transmitted diseases.
So it's not that they aren't teaching about contraceptives in schools then.

AdobePinon May 5th 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
So it's not that they aren't teaching about contraceptives in schools then.

That's right, kiddos! You can get an STD JUST BY LOOKING!

emmals May 5th 2005 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
That's right, kiddos! You can get an STD JUST BY LOOKING!

:eek: bloody hell when I was at school I never went near boys

doctor scrumpy May 5th 2005 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by emmals
:eek: bloody hell when I was at school I never went near boys

Ah but being from Yorkshire I'm certain that they never looked at you whilst a fine wooly 4 legger was available ;)

emmals May 5th 2005 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Ah but being from Yorkshire I'm certain that they never looked at you whilst a fine wooly 4 legger was available ;)

lol......actually i looked like a lad growing up :eek: ....maybe that had something to do with it :D

Bob May 5th 2005 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy

never heard of using a johnny foreigner then down there obviously...

tony_2003 May 5th 2005 6:41 pm

Great. No cheerleading now. How the **** am I supposed to stay awake during yank sports eh??