Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Direct TV... any good?

Direct TV... any good?

Old Aug 27th 2004, 4:08 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: Direct TV... any good?

Originally Posted by Boiler

And to cross polinate with another thread, my wife had to do it in her name because they Credit score.

This is true, except when you've paid a deposit, they have found no credit history on you so you'll not be tied to a credit account. Unfortunetly, if you have no credit, this will not help to build it either...I think that's what you may have been getting at?

CC
Old Aug 27th 2004, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
This is true, except when you've paid a deposit, they have found no credit history on you so you'll not be tied to a credit account. Unfortunetly, if you have no credit, this will not help to build it either...I think that's what you may have been getting at?

CC
Yep, I was sorting that out when we moved and I got as far as the Credit issue and then had to hand the phone over and have my wife do it.

BTW thinking back Dish worked out about $30 cheaper pm than DirectTV but that was for what we, sorry I, wanted.

Might be the other way around for somebody else.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 4:21 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
Yep, I was sorting that out when we moved and I got as far as the Credit issue and then had to hand the phone over and have my wife do it.

BTW thinking back Dish worked out about $30 cheaper pm than DirectTV but that was for what we, sorry I, wanted.

Might be the other way around for somebody else.
we get the basic channel and its plenty enough for us...$30 p/m I think?!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Flippin' eck Pimpbot, you get paid to watch TV all day? Wish I had that job!
I wish!. No, the TV is in the coffee room where I go in the mornings before work and for lunch. I often pop in during the day though if something goods on. I'm normally in there on my own during lunch, as I take mine a bit later than most. So I get to watch pretty much whatever I want, thats if the dish plays ball.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:53 pm
dealing with it

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I wish!. No, the TV is in the coffee room where I go in the mornings before work and for lunch. I often pop in during the day though if something goods on. I'm normally in there on my own during lunch, as I take mine a bit later than most. So I get to watch pretty much whatever I want, thats if the dish plays ball.

"when something goods on?"

thats not that often then!