Direct TV

Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Direct TV

We have had DTV for about three months and generally it is fine.... however, when we were getting it set up I was trying to call the customer service line to commence services and the wait time was between 1-2 hours on hold before you got through! Apparently there was a snow storm on the East Coast and everyone was calling in to report loss of service. So I guess satisfaction is going to be climate dependent.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:42 am
Just Joined

londonerdanny will become famous soon enoughlondonerdanny will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=strim]
Originally Posted by sibsie
QUOTE]

We have DirecTV and overall are happy. We occasionally lose reception if there is heavy rain or a snowstorm, but usually it isn't for too long.

We chose it over cable as it has BBC America and the cable companies where we are don't.
While spending time with my fiancee in Missouri we would often watch BBC America (her family favourite channel - they are all anglophiles ) I found myself feeling pride as Blackadder, The Office and Coupling - the pride of UK comedy in my opinon ) was followed by Benny Hill and Are you being served - I shuddered and felt I had to apologise on the UK's behalf !
I think BBC America is run by Americans - surley the program controller can't be British because they would know better
Where is "Only Fools and horses" ?

(apologies for typos / spelling !!)
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:33 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonerdanny
I think BBC America is run by Americans - surley the program controller can't be British because they would know better

It's owned by Discovery. I think they just buy the cheapest shit and churn it out ad nauseum.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 2:25 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
OK, OK mr pedantic! Jeez you're as bad as my other half (who is a bonafied enigineer)
Well, you should have known better then! I had to do a 4 year degree and another 5 years of professional development to become a Chartered Engineer. So please forgive me if I get somewhat irked when I hear people who install or repair things referred to as engineers.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:21 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Well, you should have known better then! I had to do a 4 year degree and another 5 years of professional development to become a Chartered Engineer. So please forgive me if I get somewhat irked when I hear people who install or repair things referred to as engineers.
LOL!! I know, I know, I've heard the same thing said soooooo many times. He is a Chartered Engineer too. It just slips of the tongue without thinking sometimes
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by londonerdanny
While spending time with my fiancee in Missouri we would often watch BBC America (her family favourite channel - they are all anglophiles ) I found myself feeling pride as Blackadder, The Office and Coupling - the pride of UK comedy in my opinon ) was followed by Benny Hill and Are you being served - I shuddered and felt I had to apologise on the UK's behalf !

I know how you feel! one day there can be a great drama like The Lakes or Canterbury Tales, the next non-stop Ground Force and Changing Rooms aaaagh!