British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Different questions........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/different-questions-110127/)

Blanca22 Aug 3rd 2002 4:53 am

Different questions........

Hello NG,

I have a couple of questions that might be interesting for others as well....here we go....
(B-2 filing for AOS, not K-1!)

1) EAD application: include fingerprint card yes or no?

2) When filing in person, do you have to bring ALL the evidence for a bona fide marriage or can you bring that to the interview? If bringing it later, do you ONLY submit the forms/checks/photos???

3) Do you need a certified copy of the marriage certificate or is a normal copy good enough?

4) In which cases do they waive the fees for EAD and fingerprinting - K-1 people only?

5) What's the right category on the EAD application - (c)(9) ?

6) Where on the visa in my passport is the visa number (is it the looooong one on the bottom that includes the family name?)?

7) The photos of the USC - is the INS as strict as with the photos for the foreign spouse or do they care at all (I mean size/position of face, since it's not for a card)?

8) Who needs to file the supplement A for the I-485?

9) On the I-485, Part 2, what's correct for a marriage based petition without any complications?

10) The medical exam form - do you have to have it when you do the walk-in filing or can you bring it later? (It's a part of the AOS package the INS sent us, so we're not sure, but on page 2 of the I-485 it says do not submit it if you're filing for AOS at the local office) On the other hand I've heard if it's included in the package they send you, you have to get it done before you file for AOS. :confused:

Ok I think that's it for now ;-) thank you guys!!!!!!

Jimmy Perrine Aug 4th 2002 4:20 pm

Re: Different questions........

See below:

--
Jimmy "Blanca22" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello NG,
    >
    > I have a couple of questions that might be interesting for others as well....here
    > we go.... (B-2 filing for AOS, not K-1!)
    >
    > 1) EAD application: include fingerprint card yes or no?

You can include it. Chances are they will have you sign and print another one at your
EAD appointment.

> 2) When filing in person, do you have to bring ALL the evidence for a bona fide
    > marriage or can you bring that to the interview? If bringing it later, do you
    > ONLY submit the forms/checks/photos???

You submit the forms. They will want to see the other evidence when you get your AOS
appointment.

> 3) Do you need a certified copy of the marriage certificate or is a normal copy
    > good enough?

You submit a photocopy of the certified marriage certificate. Bring the real thing to
your AOS appointment.

> 4) In which cases do they waive the fees for EAD and fingerprinting - K-1 people
    > only?

In 4 years of following AOS's I have never heard of them waiving ANY fees.

> 5) What's the right category on the EAD application - (c)(9) ?

Yes, Adjustment Applicant (c) (9) should be correct.

>6) Where on the visa in my passport is the visa number (is it the
    > looooong one on the bottom that includes the family name?)?

No, it is the red one at the top, I believe. Others can help here if I am incorrect.

> 7) The photos of the USC - is the INS as strict as with the photos for the foreign
    > spouse or do they care at all (I mean size/position of face, since it's not for
    > a card)?

Yes, they are just as strict. You MUST meet the M-378 requirments so take the sheet
with you when you go to get the pics done. Don't have a sheet? You can find one at
www.weslow.net/users/alixtcat

> 8) Who needs to file the supplement A for the I-485?

Do the worksheet. It will tell you. However, I can tell you it is not for you. Were
you here out of status?

> 9) On the I-485, Part 2, what's correct for a marriage based petition without any
    > complications?

Looks like (a) in your case, doesn't it?

> 10) The medical exam form - do you have to have it when you do the walk-in filing
    > or can you bring it later? (It's a part of the AOS package the INS sent us, so
    > we're not sure, but on page 2 of the I-485 it says do not submit it if you're
    > filing for AOS at the local office) On the other hand I've heard if it's
    > included in the package they send you, you have to get it done before you file
    > for AOS. :confused:
    >

Because you are not a K-1, you will be subject to the medical exam. You get the exam
done by a certified civil surgeon and bring the form with you when you file AOS.
You'll need to get it done before filing. No need to have a form as the civil surgeon
will have what you need at his/her office. They will seal those results in an
envelope and you take them with you to file.

> Ok I think that's it for now ;) thank you guys!!!!!!

You're welcome! Good luck to you!
    >
    >
    >
    > --