Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Did you know/ air travel

Did you know/ air travel

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you know/ air travel

Booked our tickets in Feb for visit to UK in May. The cost was $1822 for the two of us. Checked todays price and it was $1201 for the two of us. A call to USAir resulted in a refund credit total of $624 to be used within 12 months. Some of you may be aware of this and some may not. I do not know if it applies to other airlines although Cindybabs might know. Happy flying.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you know/ air travel

Originally Posted by tony126
Booked our tickets in Feb for visit to UK in May. The cost was $1822 for the two of us. Checked todays price and it was $1201 for the two of us. A call to USAir resulted in a refund credit total of $624 to be used within 12 months. Some of you may be aware of this and some may not. I do not know if it applies to other airlines although Cindybabs might know. Happy flying.
That's awesome Tony, especially from USAir, considering all of their problems over the Christmas holidays. I truly can't believe the prices of air travel at the moment.....stopped me from travelling over to the UK real fast. I'm glad you were able to get a refund.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
given the financial woes of USAir, I think you were brave to book with them anyhow.

Last edited by Manc; Apr 13th 2005 at 4:19 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Did you know/ air travel

Originally Posted by Manc
given the financial woes of USAir, I think you were brave to book with them anyhow.
You had better check the small print, they may have you flying the plane
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
We just got back from the UK and only paid $229.00 ROUND TRIP from Boston to Heathrow! That was a DEAL! I really pissed a guy off on the plane. I overheard him talking about the great deal he got his tickets for. He paid $750.00 each...........Imagine his face when I casually said to Garry.....
"wow honey, we certainly got a great deal at $229.00 each ticket even though we have to sit waaaaaaaaaaay back here! he was right next to us in the aisle! We almost wet our pants laughing so hard!
so cruel...gotta love it
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:31 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

We just paid $1800.00 for 3 of us for a return trip from Detroit to Heathrow with BA next month. We could have got it cheaper but we always pay extra for a seat for our son, even though he's only 1 year old (it's worth paying the extra for a child seat on a 8 hour flight). Last time I checked the flight price is now anywhere between $2100.00 and $2500.00, so I can't really complain.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
We just got back from the UK and only paid $229.00 ROUND TRIP from Boston to Heathrow! That was a DEAL! I really pissed a guy off on the plane. I overheard him talking about the great deal he got his tickets for. He paid $750.00 each...........Imagine his face when I casually said to Garry.....
"wow honey, we certainly got a great deal at $229.00 each ticket even though we have to sit waaaaaaaaaaay back here! he was right next to us in the aisle! We almost wet our pants laughing so hard!
If that was you paying the expensive fare would the airline you flew with have refunded the difference?
I did say to the USAir lady I hope they would still be in business in 12 months time but heh nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at going back in October; Air Canada is cheapest, via Montreal for $664, AA is next at $725
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
We just paid $1800.00 for 3 of us for a return trip from Detroit to Heathrow with BA next month. We could have got it cheaper but we always pay extra for a seat for our son, even though he's only 1 year old (it's worth paying the extra for a child seat on a 8 hour flight). Last time I checked the flight price is now anywhere between $2100.00 and $2500.00, so I can't really complain.
We've been buying a seat for our little one since she was 10 months old and bringing her carseat onboard as well. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm looking at going back in October; Air Canada is cheapest, via Montreal for $664, AA is next at $725
via montreal is good and cheap, but make sure you have a huge gap between flights because you go through a nightmare with US customs/immigration and the barrage doesn't get precleared for final destination so you'll have to pick it up and go through baggage again, which is a pain
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
via montreal is good and cheap, but make sure you have a huge gap between flights because you go through a nightmare with US customs/immigration and the barrage doesn't get precleared for final destination so you'll have to pick it up and go through baggage again, which is a pain
Thanks Bob; I'm going to hold off on buying the tickets, the date is still a long way off and I'm hoping the price might go down in the meantime. I've never flown with Air Canada, are they any good?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:30 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bob; I'm going to hold off on buying the tickets, the date is still a long way off and I'm hoping the price might go down in the meantime. I've never flown with Air Canada, are they any good?
I've flown with them once: Vancouver to London. They were decent. Not BA, but I'd take them over any of the US airlines. The thing I remember the most is that that they gave me something I'd never had before. I think the guy sitting next to me called it 'leg room', or something like that. Whatever it was, it was very nice.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
. The thing I remember the most is that that they gave me something I'd never had before. I think the guy sitting next to me called it 'leg room', or something like that. Whatever it was, it was very nice.

Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Ain't used them before, but they have to be better than any US airline...plus you don't get charged extra for booze...
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I flew Air Canada once, Heathrow to Cleveland via Toronto. It was rubbish. By far the worst airline I've been on. The plane was dirty, the seats were broken, the staff were rude and unhelpful, the food was the worst I ever had on a flight and the entertainment looked like it was picked up in the bargain bin at Woolworths. The flight from Toronto was a prop plane where you walk on the runway and you can clearly see them loading the stuff. One guy kept saying that his bag was still outside,up until we started to move. The flight attendent was more interested in counting the 12 people on the flight over and over and wouldn't go and check. Sure enough, the guys bag was not at the baggage claim. It will take something very special for me to fly with them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.