Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Did anyone receive DV-2003 notification letter who moved and had their mail forwarded

Did anyone receive DV-2003 notification letter who moved and had their mail forwarded

Old May 22nd 2002, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

akosmokus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did anyone receive DV-2003 notification letter who moved and had their mail forwarded

Hi all,
I'm having a serious concern about the Kentucky Consular Center's mail forwarding conduct. I read on another newgroup, that KCC does not forward winning notification packets, even if you are in the US, moved within the last year and have an active mail forwarding request filed with USPS.
The winning notifications has a Return Service requested endoresment on it, and this means that the letter is returned to the sender along with the new address that USPS has on file. KCC supposed to resend it to the new address, but someone from another newsgroup wrote today, that they said over the phone that they destroy these returned letters!?
Anybody has any information to corroborate this? Is this true? Anybody did receive winner notification after he/she moved inside the US and filed change of address form with USPS?
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old May 23rd 2002, 4:20 am
Viktor

Default Re: Did anyone receive DV-2003 notification letter who moved and had their mail forwarded

Hey, When I applied for DV-2002, before notifications were sent out, I ended up
moving from one address to another in US...and never got any letters....So I'm still
questioning if I could have won last lottery, and never knew about
it....Still hoping for 2003... Good luck! Regards, Viktor

"akosmokus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, I'm having a serious concern about the Kentucky Consular Center's mail
    > forwarding conduct. I read on another newgroup, that KCC does not forward winning
    > notification packets, even if you are in the US, moved within the last year and
    > have an active mail forwarding request filed with USPS. The winning notifications
    > has a Return Service requested endoresment on it, and this means that the letter is
    > returned to the sender along with the new address that USPS has on file. KCC
    > supposed to resend it to the new address, but someone from another newsgroup wrote
    > today, that they said over the phone that they destroy these returned letters!?
    > Anybody has any information to corroborate this? Is this true? Anybody did receive
    > winner notification after he/she moved inside the US and filed change of address
    > form with USPS? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 23rd 2002, 4:20 am
Viktor

Default Re: Did anyone receive DV-2003 notification letter who moved and had their mail forwarded

my mail was also forwarded to the new address...

"Viktor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hey, When I applied for DV-2002, before notifications were sent out, I ended up
    > moving from one address to another in US...and never got any letters....So I'm
    > still questioning if I could have won last lottery, and never knew
about
    > it....Still hoping for 2003... Good luck! Regards, Viktor
    >
    > "akosmokus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all, I'm having a serious concern about the Kentucky Consular Center's mail
    > > forwarding conduct. I read on another newgroup, that KCC does not forward winning
    > > notification packets, even if you are in the US, moved within the last year and
    > > have an active mail forwarding request filed with USPS. The winning notifications
    > > has a Return Service requested endoresment on it, and this means that the letter
    > > is returned to the sender along with the new address that USPS has on file. KCC
    > > supposed to resend it to the new address, but someone from another newsgroup
    > > wrote today, that they said over the phone that they destroy these returned
    > > letters!? Anybody has any information to corroborate this? Is this true? Anybody
    > > did receive winner notification after he/she moved inside the US and filed change
    > > of address form with USPS? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >