British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   DHS official admits taking bribes to fake documents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dhs-official-admits-taking-bribes-fake-documents-411299/)

kingfisher241049 Dec 1st 2006 10:14 pm

DHS official admits taking bribes to fake documents

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/hom...ity/index.html

A federal immigration official pleaded guilty Thursday to receiving more than $600,000 in bribes for falsifying documents for illegal immigrants.

Robert Schofield, 57, could face 25 years in federal prison when he is sentenced in February.

He pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, to issuing fraudulent documents to at least 184 illegal immigrants who falsely received U.S. citizenship.

Schofield, a former supervisor for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, was arrested in June.

Rete Dec 1st 2006 10:56 pm

Re: DHS official admits taking bribes to fake documents

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

A federal immigration official pleaded guilty Thursday to receiving more than $600,000 in bribes for falsifying documents for illegal immigrants.

Robert Schofield, 57, could face 25 years in federal prison when he is sentenced in February.

He pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, to issuing fraudulent documents to at least 184 illegal immigrants who falsely received U.S. citizenship.

Schofield, a former supervisor for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, was arrested in June.

Hey, KF, the majority of us do read newspapers and online news sites. Thanks bringing to our attention what you think we have overlooked.

kingfisher241049 Dec 1st 2006 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Hey, KF, the majority of us do read newspapers and online news sites. Thanks bringing to our attention what you think we have overlooked.

Just thought it was news worthy and worth posting, being the boring old fart that I am. :p

Silly Sod Dec 1st 2006 11:13 pm

Just thought it was news worthy and worth posting, being the boring old fart that I am. :p

Aaw mate, you do get such a hard time for posting these things dontcha. Nevermind. I like em and I can't be alone. Also, it gives me something to moan about to the wife and say - it wouldn't happen in the uK, by eck!!! :)

USBound Dec 1st 2006 11:14 pm

yeah I read them too... newspapers are so last decade.

kingfisher241049 Dec 1st 2006 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Aaw mate, you do get such a hard time for posting these things dontcha. Nevermind. I like em and I can't be alone. Also, it gives me something to moan about to the wife and say - it wouldn't happen in the uK, by eck!!! :)

Thanks Mate!! Merry Xmas. :)

Silly Sod Dec 1st 2006 11:38 pm

Thanks Mate!! Merry Xmas. :)

Back at ya and keep em coming - Rupert Murdock got nowt on you ourkid!!! :)

Dan725 Dec 2nd 2006 2:56 am

KF, if you are going to post these things, can we please see some analysis and opinion from your good self also? Just posting some meaningless word for word from the press bullet points is, well, meaningless! Thanks

Sally Dec 2nd 2006 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Silly Sod

What wouldn't happen in the UK?

Lord Lionheart Dec 2nd 2006 4:21 am

$600,000 will help supplement your meagre state salary quite a bit. And if you don't like KF's news broadcasts don't read them, somewhat ironic that people complain and then waste more of their 'valuable time' replying to them :rolleyes:

tony126 Dec 2nd 2006 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart
$600,000 will help supplement your meagre state salary quite a bit. And if you don't like KF's news broadcasts don't read them, somewhat ironic that people complain and then waste more of their 'valuable time' replying to them :rolleyes:

:D :D

deng890 Dec 2nd 2006 7:57 pm

No doubt this DHS official was probably caught just like they caught similar corrupt DHS twats in Miami who, on receiving their bribes, would proceed to buy numerous ferraris, porsches, mansions in Coconut Grove with only their meager salary as verifiable income.

Originally Posted by lionheart