Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Desperate to make the move to USA now I'm 30 and "grown up!"

Desperate to make the move to USA now I'm 30 and "grown up!"

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:09 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate to make the move to USA now I'm 30 and "grown up!"

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Oh yeah.

Btw, thanks for adding me to your tattoos

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qvtUG5meuJ...at+butcher.jpg
Damn.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Hannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the rough

My word. What a sad bunch of little boys and girls. I feel quite sorry for you that you have not even a shred of ambition (or decency, manners as well as a funny bone in your bodies)

I'm sure taking the mick out of someone who joins a public forum set up for the sole purpose of advising people is the biggest kick you get in your sad little lives. You carry on playing and chatting to your cyber friends. I'm sure you have big balls and are very popular behind your computer - and brave.

You poor souls. Expect to be reported and I feel sorry for decent people on this forum who get this kind if childish, petty and quite frankly embarrassing behaviour.

I think it's time to grow up.

If you all have such a problem with immigration, stand at the borders, tell them your boring stories and they may all turn around and go back. And here's a tip - get a job!

This is some kind of sick pity party that I am not interested. I was always told if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to. But this charade was just too pathetic not to. Carry on flirting with each other you sad, pathetic morons. Or as Gordon Ramsay likes to put it - bunch of f*** wits. Goodbye. Shall see you in New York - probably writing an article how the fire service needed to lift you out of your little bedroom because you grew a 50 stone sorry sight of a human being sat behind his computer, pants down, and body covered in hidden sandwiches.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah83
I'm sure you have big balls
That was meant to be our secret!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Psyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The OP's biggest problem, which she still hasn't told us how she will sort out, is persuading a future employer to pay the thousands of dollars to get her a visa, without which her dream of living and working in the US just won't happen. It all sounds very much a 'pie in the sky' dream. Networking is all well and good, but someone has to fork out for that visa, and it must be the employer.
It happens. Did to me. To this day I'm not sure why, but while on a J-1 visa in Oregon I sent out some cv's to see if anyone would sponsor me for a H1B visa. One company in Idaho took the bait. It's long story, but 2.5 years after being offered a job, the employer had stuck with it (I'd been back in GB the whole time), paid all the visa fees and I had a green card in hand. Somewhere along the line they switched from applying for an H1B to permanent residency. This meant they had to advertise the job (already offered to me) to prove no citizen was available to do it. Amazingly, they managed to do this which is surprising as landscape architects (like me) are not exactly hard to come by. If the OP goes down a similar route, it probably helps to try and do this in a town where no US citizen wants to relocate to, so its easier to prove there's no one else to do the job. You can always move later. Also, my employer seemed to think that it was fate because I had visited the tiny town in the middle of nowhere where his wife was born.

Anyway, I guess you never know what might happen if you don't try.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, when Hannah knows what visa she is applying for, she might be better to post in the US Immigration forum. At the moment, it's too vague for anyone to offer specific advice.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That was meant to be our secret!
That explains a lot, Sal ...
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That explains a lot, Sal ...
Don't tell Lord Varys
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell Lord Varys
My dear, he already knows ...

Now, I'd like to get back on topic. How does one cover a body in hidden sandwiches?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now, I'd like to get back on topic. How does one cover a body in hidden sandwiches?
Hidden = a mixture of jam, chocolate and crisps.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:25 pm
I have a comma problem

Hidden = a mixture of jam, chocolate and crisps.
That, in fairness, still doesn't sound very hidden, but what do I know?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:26 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I also want to know, who we are going to be reported to? I'm positively quaking
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That, in fairness, still doesn't sound very hidden, but what do I know?
A bit about music and science.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:30 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by N1cky
USCIS. We're all being deported.

Well, you all are. I'm a USC now, I get to stay

A bit about music and science.
Shame I know bugger all about how to emigrate to the US, though, eh?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by N1cky
The decent people.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shame I know bugger all about how to emigrate to the US, though, eh?
I was going to add 'emigrating to the US', but didn't want to inflame things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.