Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Desparate for advice on moving to Florida

Desparate for advice on moving to Florida

Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Linzi31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desparate for advice on moving to Florida

First time user - hope someone can help.
We are desparate to move to Florida, but have no relative's who can sponsor us. We have equity to maybe buy a business, but don't know how to go about doing this, the pitfalls involved and who / who not to trust etc etc. Is there anyone out there who has been in our position and has successfully set up in the US or anyone who can point us in the right direction. Any advice very gratefully received. Now Posted on US Immigration Forum. Apologies :PARTY:

Last edited by Linzi31; Apr 4th 2003 at 11:15 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desparate for advice on moving to Florida

Originally posted by Linzi

First time user - hope someone can help.
We are desparate to move to Florida, but have no relative's who can sponsor us. We have equity to maybe buy a business, but don't know how to go about doing this, the pitfalls involved and who / who not to trust etc etc. Is there anyone out there who has been in our position and has successfully set up in the US or anyone who can point us in the right direction. Any advice very gratefully received.
--I am no immigration lawyer but I do understand that if one invests US$75,000 in a business then one is eligible for a particular visa to manage the business. I could refer you to a well-known immigration attorney for more info. now, as far as buying a business, I am a state licensed business and real estate broker so I would be able to assist you in locating a business and provide you with all financial info which I strongly suggest you bring to an accountant you are familiar with so that any questions are asked and answered properly.
should you be interested in this option please contact me at [email protected] and I will be glad to work with you. you can go to the state of florida secretary of state website and learn more abou the stringent licensing I went through and what my duties towards my clients are.
hope to hear from you.

Tony