Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Denver v Atlanta

Denver v Atlanta

Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:56 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denver v Atlanta

Originally Posted by mellybrown
Atlanta has really nasty pollen!!!!!!!!

Do you have allergys?? You soon will!!
Ah Melly! You're seeing that haze I talked about a couple weeks back. Just wash your car once a week and get a lot of windscreen fluid. Enjoy the nice weather while you have it. When May comes, it'll be lights out till October.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:39 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
Atlanta has really nasty pollen!!!!!!!!

Do you have allergys?? You soon will!!
Oh, and it's not reached the worst of it yet as spring is just starting! Give it another month and you'll be seeing the "yellow snow".

Allergies is not something you need to worry about in Denver.

As to the original question. Having lived in ATL for a couple of years and spent a couple of months in Denver, the choice for me is quite simple. Denver everytime. That is unless you like 90+ degrees with close to 100% humidity for months on end, a completely useless public transport system and an hour plus commute if you want to get anywhere in the city.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:25 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Ah Melly! You're seeing that haze I talked about a couple weeks back. Just wash your car once a week and get a lot of windscreen fluid. Enjoy the nice weather while you have it. When May comes, it'll be lights out till October.
hehe ye our car is a lovely shade of yellow now - its not too bad yet, Ive only sneezed a few times!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

guyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to all

Thank you all so much for replying. My folks are trying to advise/emotionally blackmail us now, saying "wait another year, the recession is going to hit the states soon, no jobs for immigants etc."

but we're still 70/30 for going (plus my wife's UK visa is up in Oct and the govt want at least a grand for her to stay - )
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guyb
Thank you all so much for replying. My folks are trying to advise/emotionally blackmail us now, saying "wait another year, the recession is going to hit the states soon, no jobs for immigants etc."
on the news here last week they were saying that there are not enough jobs for the present workforce, lots of peeps being let go and yet the USCIS are still allowing many more into the country so dunno where it'll all end....good luck anyway