Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Denver v Atlanta

Denver v Atlanta

Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

guyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to allguyb is a name known to all
Default Denver v Atlanta

We're looking to move to the US in September this year (my wife is a USC, we're going through the visa process right now) and although she is from Atlanta, she feels it would be a bit sad to go back to to where she grew up and in the spirit of adventure, would like to move to Denver area, Colorado instead.

Now I love Atlanta and the south but am open minded and would follow her to the gates of heck itself but can somebody with experience of both cities (or just one) let me have the benefit of their experiences?

Ta Muchly.

G.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:53 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denver v Atlanta

Originally Posted by guyb
We're looking to move to the US in September this year (my wife is a USC, we're going through the visa process right now) and although she is from Atlanta, she feels it would be a bit sad to go back to to where she grew up and in the spirit of adventure, would like to move to Denver area, Colorado instead.

Now I love Atlanta and the south but am open minded and would follow her to the gates of heck itself but can somebody with experience of both cities (or just one) let me have the benefit of their experiences?

Ta Muchly.

G.
denver is nice but its snows a shit ton and get really cold
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, a friend of mine is moving from denver, been there 5 yrs and they've had enough of the long cold winters ...nice for holidays but that's it.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

well they're just both big cities.

surrounding Atlanta you have swamps and toothless hillbillies.

surrounding Denver you have mountains and ski resorts.

I know where I'd rather go.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

hulk_hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

atlanta is the murder capital of the usa
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hulk_hogan
atlanta is the murder capital of the usa
i thought new orleans held that honour.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i thought new orleans held that honour.
Usually Detroit or St Louis vie for the title.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:23 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
denver is nice but its snows a shit ton and get really cold
Myth. 300 days of sunshine. The snow goes almost as quickly as it arrives. Friday - 70 degrees - and it snowed in the morning. The climate in Colorado is great.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also a big fan of Colorado; agree with Schnorbitz the snow thing in Denver is a bit of a myth; sure it snows, but it doesn't seem to linger, you have to get up to the mountains for that. Yes it gets cold, but thats because of the often clear blue skies and altitude. I've spent quite a bit of time working in Colorado Springs, really do quite like the state.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Given the choice between grits and Rocky Mountain oysters, which would you pick?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:37 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Given the choice between grits and Rocky Mountain oysters, which would you pick?
Salmon in Seattle.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

FabulousMrToad is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only comment on Atlanta.

Atlanta itself, nobody wants to live there and is moving out as fast as they can, but the infrastructure cannot take it, resulting in water shortages, lack of public transportation, etc.

Georgia is currently in a border war with Tennessee over water rates.

Georgia is 46th out of 50 states, in its SAT scores. This figure is from 2006.

Nearly 40 per cent of students in Georgia fail to graduate high school.

One in four Georgians operate at a low literacy level.

Perhaps you could compare these figures with Denver, then decide.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Altlanta every time.

CO is full.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:24 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boiler
Altlanta every time.

CO is full.
There's room for one more; I'm leaving next week.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:42 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta has really nasty pollen!!!!!!!!

Do you have allergys?? You soon will!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.