Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dental "savings plans"

Dental "savings plans"

Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:54 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dental "savings plans"

Hi everybody,

I have been looking around for some cheap dental insurance, mainly just for peace of mind and regular check-ups. It seems to me that a lot of the plans are "not insurance". Therefore they are just plans that offer discounts. They seem pretty good to me considering the yearly premium and it appears that, for small routine stuff and regular check-ups at least, you probably pay a similar fee to what you would in the UK. I still have close ties to the UK (I'm getting married there next June) so any disasters will be taken care of there I hope.

A couple of plans that I was looking at were these:

http://www.dentalplans.com/dentalpla...?zipcode=78229

http://www.dentalinsurance.com/di/we.../features.aspx

Any thoughts or advice on this would be excellent!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental "savings plans"

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Hi everybody,

I have been looking around for some cheap dental insurance, mainly just for peace of mind and regular check-ups. It seems to me that a lot of the plans are "not insurance". Therefore they are just plans that offer discounts. They seem pretty good to me considering the yearly premium and it appears that, for small routine stuff and regular check-ups at least, you probably pay a similar fee to what you would in the UK. I still have close ties to the UK (I'm getting married there next June) so any disasters will be taken care of there I hope.

A couple of plans that I was looking at were these:

http://www.dentalplans.com/dentalpla...?zipcode=78229

http://www.dentalinsurance.com/di/we.../features.aspx

Any thoughts or advice on this would be excellent!
Hi,
Im with the Careington Network,which is America's choice Dental plan.
I pay $14.95 a month and that covers both of us. Or the whole family.Check up just costs me $12.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental "savings plans"

Delta Dental seems alright, no idea how much it is on your own, but through work, it's a $5 for a family, okay plan, not the best upper limit though.