Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dental Nursing

Dental Nursing

Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

clarks is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Dental Nursing

My husband will be getting an e2 visa for a business, i have been told that i can get a spouse visa, does anybody know if i could work as a dental nurse in Florida. I am fully qualified with 16 years experience, do the Americans like english dental nurses.?
What sort of rate could i expect to earn on average.
Many thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:50 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental Nursing

Originally Posted by clarks
My husband will be getting an e2 visa for a business, i have been told that i can get a spouse visa, does anybody know if i could work as a dental nurse in Florida. I am fully qualified with 16 years experience, do the Americans like english dental nurses.?
What sort of rate could i expect to earn on average.
Many thanks.
You may want to post this in the Immigration forum... as posting the same thing here twice will get you nowhere.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

clarks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
You may want to post this in the Immigration forum... as posting the same thing here twice will get you nowhere.
Thankyou for your kind advice.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:28 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I am an english Dental Assistant (nurse, same thing!) and have been working in the states for years. However, my training was done in the states so I can't answer the qualifications portion of the question but I can tell you that the amount that you will make varies from state to state. Without a doubt it will be more than you were making in Britain but you will also be required to do a lot more for your money. American dental assistants are generally more highly trained than in Britain (I know that you have been in this career for a long time, this isn't meant to imply that you are not well trained ), therefore they are expected to do procedures that it is illegal for them to perform in the uk (or so I was told when I worked in the uk for a couple of years!). Some atates also require that you be certified in that state. I don't know about Florida, you would have to find out. I work in NY and do not need a certification for this state.
Hope I was some sort of help