British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dental Assistant Comment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dental-assistant-comment-347787/)

clydegirl Jan 11th 2006 11:40 pm

Dental Assistant Comment

Went to the dentist today. I had to have a big filling redone on a wisdom tooth.

I hate the dentist always worry it will hurt.

Anyway the assistant was chatting to me while we were waiting. "How are you " .To which I make some comment about not liking the dentist.

She then says - " We have a lot of Europeans come in here and they are all the same.They all say that . Are all your dentists barbarians ? "

I just said some witty comment.

Partystar Jan 11th 2006 11:45 pm

Re: Dental Assistant Comment

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Went to the dentist today. I had to have a big filling redone on a wisdom tooth.

I hate the dentist always worry it will hurt.

Anyway the assistant was chatting to me while we were waiting. "How are you " .To which I make some comment about not liking the dentist.

She then says - " We have a lot of Europeans come in here and they are all the same.They all say that . Are all your dentists barbarians ? "

I just said some witty comment.

...and that would be???...come on, do us proud!!!

clydegirl Jan 11th 2006 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar

Can't remember :o

The whole of the left side of my face was numb.

Partystar Jan 12th 2006 12:06 am

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Can't remember :o

The whole of the left side of my face was numb.

Then that was a cheap shot on her part!!! She probably knew Brits are witty & tried to take you down when you were not feeling 100%, so that she had the upperhand...sneaky Yank!!!

cutina Jan 12th 2006 12:09 am

every time i go to the dentist (and i hate it too) my colleagues always laugh at how awful british teeth are... i finally understand why austin powers has bad teeth!

I've always been scared of the dentist, and the fact is that i have had better care here than i did in the UK... but boy, do i pay for it! I know there are many great dentists in the UK, but unfortunately i didn't win that particular lottery.

I'm glad you said something witty back, if we're going to be stereotyped, at least let's keep up the good ones!

best wishes for your teeth! ;)

Partystar Jan 12th 2006 12:13 am

I have to disagree!!! I've never seen such awful teeth as I've seen here! They say we're the ones with the bad teeth, I don't think so! I asked why they thought this & they said, because you guys have to pay for your dental care. I look at them puzzled & say, no, that would be you!!! After all dental care in England is free for kids, you have to pay for it here whatever age you are. I've never needed braces or anything like that, mine are near perfect, although they could be a little whiter!

britvic Jan 12th 2006 12:17 am

I went to the Dentist yesterday, and my Dentist has such big boobs, one's always squashed in my face, I'm sure the men love it though :)

cutina Jan 12th 2006 12:19 am

yeah, i know partystar, but some are more lucky than others. Most of my problems now are from cheap materials used in the UK. I agree though, that i certainly don't have the impression that generally the teeth are nicer here (but i suppose it depends on where you are!!)

cutina Jan 12th 2006 12:20 am

Originally Posted by britvic
I went to the Dentist yesterday, and my Dentist has such big boobs, one's always squashed in my face, I'm sure the men love it though :)

ha! that reminds me of my friend who loves going to the hairdressers and getting his hair washed by the girl with the big boobs!:D

dunroving Jan 12th 2006 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Partystar

Sounded something like "shlersh gleb dre fliggerslllipl gloffli" :confused:

clydegirl Jan 12th 2006 12:32 am

Originally Posted by dunroving
Sounded something like "shlersh gleb dre fliggerslllipl gloffli" :confused:

Were you in the next chair?

clydegirl Jan 12th 2006 12:35 am

Originally Posted by cutina
every time i go to the dentist (and i hate it too) my colleagues always laugh at how awful british teeth are... i finally understand why austin powers has bad teeth!

I've always been scared of the dentist, and the fact is that i have had better care here than i did in the UK... but boy, do i pay for it! I know there are many great dentists in the UK, but unfortunately i didn't win that particular lottery.

I'm glad you said something witty back, if we're going to be stereotyped, at least let's keep up the good ones!

best wishes for your teeth! ;)

He's a really good dentist never felt a thing.

Ben Jan 12th 2006 12:57 am

My eldest hates dentists - ever since he had to deal with a couple of them here! :mad: I never had a problem taking any of my children to the dentist in the UK and they never had a problem with their teeth. The eldest now hates going to the dentist and you can't get him near one!

dunroving Jan 12th 2006 2:06 am

Have to say I think my dentist is great. Bloody expensive, but also very good, and the dental assistants are very nice. And they've never made an unkind comment about Europeans or Brits.

But I have heard them doing Austin Powers impressions behind my back.

(Just kidding)

cutina Jan 12th 2006 2:18 am

Originally Posted by dunroving
Have to say I think my dentist is great. Bloody expensive, but also very good, and the dental assistants are very nice. And they've never made an unkind comment about Europeans or Brits.

But I have heard them doing Austin Powers impressions behind my back.

(Just kidding)

lol! mine is great too. and expensive :mad: