Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

"Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:18 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Originally Posted by Franklin
It's what the voters in the middle states think that's going to count in the next election. It seems a good proportion can be easily motivated and convinced to vote against her, especially if the Republican character assassins get going, and they will if she is picked to run. Imho, the Republican Party want Hillary to run, they will wheel out those pictures of her hugging Arafat's wife along with some commentary on the threat of world terrorism, and Hillary will be cooked to a crisp wafer, and then mulched with cold water and sent down the kitchen waste disposal, along with the Democratic Party's hopes.
urgh..yeah.. I hate the way they both behaved in the last election. Mud-slinging and backbiting all that shit should be monitored the way sport is referreed, and good sportsmanship encouraged. You bad tackle or foul and you're warned!
Shame there isn't more of a choice for government. another big party wouldn't go amiss, the Lib Dems in Britain don't exactly have much of a stronghold but at least they're an alternative to look at.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sarah
urgh..yeah.. I hate the way they both behaved in the last election. Mud-slinging and backbiting all that shit should be monitored the way sport is referreed, and good sportsmanship encouraged. You bad tackle or foul and you're warned!
Shame there isn't more of a choice for government. another big party wouldn't go amiss, the Lib Dems in Britain don't exactly have much of a stronghold but at least they're an alternative to look at.

drives me crazy too
they say that only a southerner will get the presidency in this polital climate
does Hillary qualify?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:39 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
they will wheel out those pictures of her hugging Arafat's wife along with some commentary on the threat of world terrorism, and Hillary will be cooked to a crisp wafer.
Acting all chummy with prominent evildoers doesn't always spell political suicide:

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:52 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I don't follow politics here, since I can't vote, but you've got me wondering:

What does "going softer on the pro-life issue" actually mean? Surely there isn't a soft-option or middle-ground solution that the Pro Life movement will find acceptable? They want abortion made illegal, and some are even prepared to kill to achieve this end.

So do you mean that Dean is about to come down on the side of anti-abortionists (let's use the real term, not skirt around it with all this Pro Life crap). If not, do you mean that he's going to appear to consider outlawing abortion? Is that all it takes to get the anti-abortion vote? Perhaps you mean that he's going to stop talking about the rights of women to choose to have an abortion? Surely that won't get him anywhere with people who believe that abortion is murder in the eyes of their God?

Do explain, please. The idea of "going softer on the pro-life issue" sounds like political bollocks to me, and I'd love to know what the real meaning is behind a line like that!
Well actually I prefer to call them Anti-choice.....after all the bottom line is they're trying to take away a woman's right to choose...abortion may or may not occur ...but as with any life changing decision every possible avenue must be considered...to many the path of choice that leads to abortion is closed.....this may not be their conscious choice...remember during the last election? stories of pastors etc preaching that to vote democrat is to agree with abortion or words to that effect...this Government did a great job of ensuring votes through emotional blackmail...(I've an American friend who told me her father who is Democrat couldn't get his head around abortion so Republican got the vote WTF? also work friend of my hubby voted for Bush merely because they were against abortion..it's ridiculous when you consider all the other topics -health insurance to name but one, it leaves me baffled )
anyway I think that the Democrats realise that there are many individuals out there who would vote Democrat if it weren't for this one topic ,( lets exclude the violent fanatics who'll celebrate killing a person in the name of preserving an unborn life )

maybe respecting that this is their religious choice? and in turn as we respect their choice they must respect the choices of others , religious or otherwise *lol* a bit simplistic really but i reckon some of the anti-choicers have just been emotional blackmailed into taking the extreme..many are intelligent enough to realise that people who consider abortion are not evil murders but women who are making hard life-changing decisions, maybe they can realise that they can if fact vote Democrat, after all it's the party that would benefit them the most and as for abortion, if you are against it then don't have one, don't even consider one but allow others to choose what's best for them.........let them deal with the consequences..emotionally and with God....heck a bit simple I guess but it's the way I see it...it might just win a few of them over ...and that's all we'll need

A friend of mine has a great bumper sticker.... " If you can't trust me with a choice how can you trust me with a child?" I think it's great but haven't the courage to get one of my own in case I get deliberately rear ended or have my car vandalised
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:48 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nope -- beginning to think Hiro11's related to Gross50 in some way. Could even be one and the same person actually.

Don't think I'm responsible as I'm not even a member. Do you think I should join?
Just for the record, I voted for Kerry and dislike most of Bush's policies. I just can't stand the Dems being such poor loosers, they whine like little bitches.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Just for the record, I voted for Kerry and dislike most of Bush's policies. I just can't stand the Dems being such poor loosers, they whine like little bitches.
Which particular ones? All Dems? Certain Dems? People you define as Dems? Who exactly?

And which part of their whining is particularly disagreeable to you?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:56 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
**** you.

You're welcome!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
Franklin

Now now guys! No swearing! Makes some blush! The USA is the friendly/polite forum , not to be confused with the TIO forum :scared: . Chill out and have a .

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You're welcome!
No, really, I think you should charge something. For wear and tear on the latex nun costume alone............