Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Wikiposts

"Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:12 am
Franklin

Default "Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Has the Democratic Party finally woken up to the need to win swing-voters in the middle states? Howard Dean might have ...

"Howard Dean, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, told a group of college Democrats that their party has to change its approach in the debate over abortion."

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Dems Urged to Reach Out to Pro-Life Voters"

Originally Posted by Franklin
Has the Democratic Party finally woken up to the need to win swing-voters in the middle states? Howard Dean might have ...

"Howard Dean, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, told a group of college Democrats that their party has to change its approach in the debate over abortion."

Yesterday's news! My idol Hillary's been toning it down on this one for months now.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:36 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yesterday's news! My idol Hillary's been toning it down on this one for months now.
Hillary has toned it down since entering the Senate, some years ago now.

Do you think Hilliary Rodham Clinton is going to seek the Democratic Party Presidential nomination?

Senator Hillary Clinton is a vote winner in just about every middle state, just not for the Democratic Party!

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:39 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think Hilliary Rodham Clinton is going to seek the Democratic Party Presidential nomination?
She certainly seems to be thinking about it and making the initial plans. It's a long way away to make firm predictions. But she's certainly been playing her cards right...
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:49 am
Franklin

She certainly seems to be thinking about it and making the initial plans. It's a long way away to make firm predictions. But she's certainly been playing her cards right...
I just hope Iowa bombs her out like they did to the previous darling of the east coast, Howard Dean. Or it will two more election cycles of Democratic moaning and groaning. At least the Democrats are going to give Roberts an easy ride to the U.S. Supreme Court. Why fight battles of no interest to the swing voters in the middle states. Looks like the Democratic Party is at long last seeing common sense ... perhaps not, not if the Democrats pick Clinton as their Presidential hopeful. Clinton sure is a vote winner ... for the other party.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:57 am
Septicity

I just hope...

Think we're seeing a natural swing away from the right, which will continue up to and past the next presidential election. Think the destruction is of the "self" variety, and what the left says or does is actually totally irrelevant at this stage. It may change later when it's closer to the decision stage...

Whilst polls are notoriously inaccurate and it's early in the game, they would suggest the opposite about Hillary's popularity. Then again, many presidents only emerge centre stage from local politics at the last minute. Recent history shows the Senate ain't a good staging post to the WH. Maybe she's going for governor of NY instead?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:05 am
Franklin

Think we're seeing a natural swing away from the right, which will continue up to and past the next presidential election. Think the destruction is of the "self" variety, and what the left says or does is actually totally irrelevant at this stage. It may change later when it's closer to the decision stage...

Whilst polls are notoriously inaccurate and it's early in the game, they would suggest the opposite about Hillary's popularity. Then again, many presidents only emerge centre stage from local politics at the last minute. Recent history shows the Senate ain't a good staging post to the WH. Maybe she's going for governor of NY instead?
All it will take is a few slides and videos of her hugging a former terrorist leader's wife and it will be gazpacho soup for the Democrats and six runs to the finish line for the Republicans who will win hands down. There isn't even a remote chance the middle states will vote for Clinton. Clinton might make it to NY governor, Hillary is popular on the east coast, but Clinton just isn't made of the stuff that speaks to finding consensus across the nation, she is too far left and lacks credibility to be the next leader of the nation.

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 22nd 2005 at 10:07 am.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:15 am
Franklin

Think we're seeing a natural swing away from the right ...
Yes, to the middle, not to the extreme fascist left where Hillary is sitting. Hillary will be portrayed as a leftish control freak with boxes of hidden agenda that Hillary would love to open. Hillary will be portrayed as a friend of our enemies, as a national security risk. Hillary's reputation will be grilled to a fine crisp, and then mashed up down the kitchen waste disposal. The Republican character assassination squad will have a field day and then some. Hillary can't run for President absent flushing her own party down the same waste disposal. If Democratic Party members make the mistake of picking Hillary, the Democratic Party may go the way of the Tories.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:20 am
Septicity

All it will take is a few slides...
I have a dream that one day Americans will actually manage to wake up to the crap feed to them by the media, the spin doctors, and the smear campaign. There's not a single politician you couldn't smear...
Hillary's okay. Not perfect -- but nobody is in my book ('cept me of course ).

And, I still say ***** middle America. When they eventually discover they're getting poorer by the day, their minister's *****ing their daughter, and they can't afford healthcare, they may come around. If not, they get exactly what they deserve. I'm not gonna pander to the wurzels.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:27 am
Franklin

I have a dream that one day Americans will actually manage to wake up to the crap feed to them by the media, the spin doctors, and the smear campaign. There's not a single politician you couldn't smear...
Hillary's okay. Not perfect -- but nobody is in my book ('cept me of course ).

And, I still say ***** middle America. When they eventually discover they're getting poorer by the day, their minister's *****ing their daughter, and they can't afford healthcare, they may come around. If not, they get exactly what they deserve. I'm not gonna pander to the wurzels.

*click*click* SNAP OUT OF IT. Your back in reality. In the Riddick Chronicles you can forget about the middle states, but we are not quite there yet. The middle states will determine who is the next President, and the middle states voters will be easily persuaded to vote ... to vote against Hillary in record turn outs. The Democratic Party will become even more east/west concentrated, it will be a permanent minority party. It would take at least two election cycles to even remotely look electable again.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:31 am
Septicity

*click*click* SNAP OUT OF IT. Your back in reality. In the Riddick Chronicles you can forget about the middle states, but we are not quite there yet. The middle states will determine who is the next President, and the middle states voters will be easily persuaded to vote ... to vote against Hillary in record turn outs. The Democratic Party will become even more east/west concentrated, it will be a permanent minority party. It would take at least two election cycles to even remotely look electable again.

If America wants to self-destruct, that's fine by me. I have plenty of other citizenships and/or new countries to move to. I can't stop the tide coming in!

Anyways, they're so inbreed out there that there's probably only a few generations left before the horrific gene mutations start killin' 'em off. ***** 'em!...and whatever you do don't pander to them!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:40 am
Septicity

Yes, to the middle, not to the extreme fascist left where Hillary is sitting. Hillary will be portrayed as a leftish control freak with boxes of hidden agenda that Hillary would love to open. Hillary will be portrayed as a friend of our enemies, as a national security risk. Hillary's reputation will be grilled to a fine crisp, and then mashed up down the kitchen waste disposal. The Republican character assassination squad will have a field day and then some. Hillary can't run for President absent flushing her own party down the same waste disposal. If Democratic Party members make the mistake of picking Hillary, the Democratic Party may go the way of the Tories.

In civilized parts of the world (such as Evropa), Hilary might be considered centre or slightly left of centre. You need to get out (of America!) more often.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:41 am
Franklin

Anyways, they're so inbreed out there that there's probably only a few generations left before the horrific gene mutations start killin' 'em off. ***** 'em!...and whatever you do don't pander to them!

Errrrr (error Will Robinson, ERROR). Look at the demographics, those them southern and middle states are having more kids than the coastal states. Your literally barking up the wrong tree. The voting power of the middle states is increasing, whereas the coastal states are more into "family planning". The boot is on the other foot on this one. I am surprised that you made this argument.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:44 am
Franklin

In civilized parts of the world (such as Evropa), Hilary might be considered centre or slightly left of centre. You need to get out (of America!) more often.
But non-American citizens can't vote in US elections, nice try Fatbrit, but you are way off base again. The voting public in the middle states are just that, voting public. The Democratic Party have got to look through the eyes of the voters in them there middle states. Looking outside the US is fine and all, but it is a defeatist strategy.

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:48 am
Septicity

Errrrr (error Will Robinson, ERROR). Look at the demographics, those them southern and middle states are having more kids than the coastal states. Your literally barking up the wrong tree. The voting power of the middle states is increasing, whereas the coastal states are more into "family planning". The boot is on the other foot on this one. I am surprised that you made this argument.

I would hypothesize that costal people are less likely to ***** their relatives and have even been known to travel to other parts to choose their *****mates. Greater numbers of births are not going to improve the gene pool of middle America. Great numbers but sickly genes does not bode well for the distant horizon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.