Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Delivery Information for UK Passport

Delivery Information for UK Passport

Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Clare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really nice
Question Delivery Information for UK Passport

My British passport renewal was approved and 2 days ago I received an email from the HM Passport Office to advise that the passport is on its way via courier. I am wondering if I will get any notification of when I will receive it (I did not receive any mail-related tracking number).

One thing that concerns me that I read on another post was that DHL sent them a text message... I don't use my cell phone as a primary phone and provided my landline number on my passport application. I also provided my email address which is how I have been receiving notifications from the HM Passport Office, and had assumed that I would also receive delivery information via email.

I received an email from the HM passport office yesterday instructing me to sign the passport when I receive it so I am assuming it will be arriving soon... any ideas on what to expect? Has anyone received an email from the courier with expected delivery times?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:44 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delivery Information for UK Passport

Originally Posted by Clare37
My British passport renewal was approved and 2 days ago I received an email from the HM Passport Office to advise that the passport is on its way via courier. I am wondering if I will get any notification of when I will receive it (I did not receive any mail-related tracking number).

One thing that concerns me that I read on another post was that DHL sent them a text message... I don't use my cell phone as a primary phone and provided my landline number on my passport application. I also provided my email address which is how I have been receiving notifications from the HM Passport Office, and had assumed that I would also receive delivery information via email.

I received an email from the HM passport office yesterday instructing me to sign the passport when I receive it so I am assuming it will be arriving soon... any ideas on what to expect? Has anyone received an email from the courier with expected delivery times?
I only recall getting a TXT and it only came the day before it was delivered. The old and new were separate packages. It sounds like you will have it in 4 days or less assuming they sent that email once it was handed over to DHL. I don’t think they even required a signature on delivery for mine.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

You can track it using your passport application reference number https://www.logistics.dhl/gb-en/home...-services.html
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Clare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
You can track it using your passport application reference number https://www.logistics.dhl/gb-en/home...-services.html
Thanks very much for this information - it should be arriving by the end of the day!
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
I only recall getting a TXT and it only came the day before it was delivered. The old and new were separate packages. It sounds like you will have it in 4 days or less assuming they sent that email once it was handed over to DHL. I don’t think they even required a signature on delivery for mine.
Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2020, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Update: I have received my new UK passport via DHL. A few questions regarding the old one:
1) I was wondering whether to expect the old one via DHL as well or is the old one sent through normal mail?
2) How long does it normally take for the old one to arrive following receipt of the new passport?
3) How important is the old one - does it need to be presented along with the new one when I am travelling?
Old Feb 7th 2020, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I have received my new UK passport via DHL. A few questions regarding the old one:
1) I was wondering whether to expect the old one via DHL as well or is the old one sent through normal mail?
2) How long does it normally take for the old one to arrive following receipt of the new passport?
3) How important is the old one - does it need to be presented along with the new one when I am travelling?
You'll get the old one via DHL in a couple/few days. That's how I got mine anyway.

You only present your new passport when travelling - unless there is a visa in your old one..... then you carry them both.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You'll get the old one via DHL in a couple/few days. That's how I got mine anyway.

You only present your new passport when travelling - unless there is a visa in your old one..... then you carry them both.
I came to the US on an H1B visa but since then became a Green card holder. Would presenting the Green card void the need to present the old passport with the H1B visa? The reason I'm asking is I don't want to book a flight until I have everything I need to travel and am wondering if I theoretically could travel legally with just the new passport and Green card. If there's a chance I might need to present the old one when I am leaving the US, then I will wait to receive the old one before booking a flight. Thanks.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 10:57 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I came to the US on an H1B visa but since then became a Green card holder. Would presenting the Green card void the need to present the old passport with the H1B visa? The reason I'm asking is I don't want to book a flight until I have everything I need to travel and am wondering if I theoretically could travel legally with just the new passport and Green card. If there's a chance I might need to present the old one when I am leaving the US, then I will wait to receive the old one before booking a flight. Thanks.
New pp. and gc only. Your visa is redundant.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH
New pp. and gc only. Your visa is redundant.
Ok, great - thanks... well that sounds like I can safely book a flight without waiting for the old passport to arrive.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 12:31 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, great - thanks... well that sounds like I can safely book a flight without waiting for the old passport to arrive.
as said above old pp will only be a few days later. Last year I was out when dhl came. 3 days later I was in and old & new arrived together!