Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DeLay wants a court review

DeLay wants a court review

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:19 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down DeLay wants a court review

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7351884/...&ce=1&hl=DeLay wants*court review

DeLay and his cronies feel betrayed because it didn't go their way? I wish somebody would arrage a panal that would review this man

and why has he not yet made a statement about the fact that he and his family made the decision to pull his fathers plug all those years ago?

Last edited by Bob; Apr 2nd 2005 at 7:01 pm. Reason: fix link
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:02 pm
ImHere

Default Re: DeLay wants a court review

My opinion..**** him. I realise its not much of an opinion nor very constructive but its the best I have.

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7351884/...&ce=1&hl=DeLay wants*court review

DeLay and his cronies feel betrayed because it didn't go their way? I wish somebody would arrage a panal that would review this man

and why has he not yet made a statement about the fact that he and his family made the decision to pull his fathers plug all those years ago?
Typical ducking and diving. Part of a politicians training as we seen from both sides in the last election.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:06 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Delay wants a hefty kick in the knackers, more like.

What he and his ilk also apparently want is to rip up the constitution and institute a despotic theocracy, which is not something we heard from both sides in the last election. Yes, politicians on all sides can be dishonest and self-serving, but today's republicans are in a league of their own for that.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:12 pm
ImHere

I like this quote:
"look at an arrogant, out-of-control, unaccountable judiciary that thumbed their nose at Congress and the president.

How about an out-of-control, unaccountable government that thumbs their noses at public opinion?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:06 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
I like this quote:
"look at an arrogant, out-of-control, unaccountable judiciary that thumbed their nose at Congress and the president.

How about an out-of-control, unaccountable government that thumbs their noses at public opinion?
Have we started talking about New Labour now or are we still talking about the US?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:10 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Have we started talking about New Labour now or are we still talking about the US?

Take your pick....all one and the same really. I heard somewhere Uncle Tone is arranging with Dubya to make Britain the 51st state if the whole EU constitution thing falls on its arse.

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:31 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Take your pick....all one and the same really. I heard somewhere Uncle Tone is arranging with Dubya to make Britain the 51st state if the whole EU constitution thing falls on its arse.
Isn't that just a comedic response to the buddying up with Dubya during the Iraq invasion?

I heard many comments thrown around that the UK was becoming the 51st State of the USA due to it's ties with the US. All sarcasm as far as I know.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

the guy doesn't understand the phrase "checks and balances"
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
the guy doesn't understand the phrase "checks and balances"
well in his own little way he does...some one writes a cheque and he'll balance somin' for 'em..
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:36 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

If I could only throw one politician out of Washington, it'd be DeLay. It's gotten so bad that I've switched buying sugar after 30 years of buying the same brand, just because it's made in his constituency.

I'm surprised more people don't call him a "sugar daddy."

Does a spoon full of sugar help a ton of horseshit go down more easily?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 2:27 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by rincewind
Isn't that just a comedic response to the buddying up with Dubya during the Iraq invasion?

I heard many comments thrown around that the UK was becoming the 51st State of the USA due to it's ties with the US. All sarcasm as far as I know.

Yes it is. And I was perpetuating the comedic response as it fit nicely with the comments.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:19 am
Franklin

I like this quote:

Errrrr. The US government of the day is accountable to the electorate come each voting day. On information and belief, every 6 years for Senators, every 2 years for the Members of the House of Representatives, and every four years for the head of the Executive Branch (President). In addition, laws enacted by Congress are subject to review by the US S. Ct. and the Congress acts as a check on the Executive, hence the phrase, "a system of checks and balances". Contrast with England, where, for example, the members of the Upper House are not subject to democratic elections and on that basis are unaccountable to the public.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:27 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Contrast with England, where, for example, the members of the Upper House are not subject to democratic elections and on that basis are unaccountable to the public.
but the system works.

which I grant, is a little bizarre.
but it does work.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:18 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
but the system works.

which I grant, is a little bizarre.
but it does work.
*nods* I can see why you think that.

The point I am making is that when Congress gets out of line, the U.S. Ct. knocks Congress back into its box as defined by the U.S. Constitution.

People seem to be knocking Congress for trying to interfere with a private family and purely state matter (since due process was accorded under state law).

Assuming arguendo (for sake of argument) that Congress was out of line ... was out of its Constitutionally defined box. Well, by refusing to hear the Terri case de novo, the US S. Ct. certainly put Congress back into its constitutionally defined box. The system of checks and balances worked, and with regard to this specific aspect of the Terri matter, we should all rejoice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.