Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Deck the halls....

Deck the halls....

Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:42 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice
Default Re: Deck the halls....

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh yes it dose, I rather enjoy being a bitch
I do find that my sarcasm is sometimes taken as me being rude, as people are not used to it. .... they'll get used to it I guess.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Our Local news channel said there was an accident outside their house because people were not paying attention to the road as they drove by. The police couldn't get to the accident because of the traffic congestion and made them shut it down...... and I thought I was good at going 'bah humbug' ! LOL

Where DO you get the gadgets and gizmo's to do that anyway... I want to do it on 4th July and Play 'RULE BRITANNIA' very loudly ! hehehehe..... that's get the neighbours going ! :scared:
Oh that would be great, I'd love to see their faces!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:44 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Get the same questions about Thanksgiving too.
My standard answer now is that, yesy we do celebrate Thanksgiving back home, but we are giving thanks for getting to dour, boring old puritans out of the country. We celebrate with a large p*ss up as a way of giving them the two fingers as they were against people drinking and generally having fun.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:45 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
Oh that would be great, I'd love to see their faces!
I 'll send you all an invite
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
We celebrate with a large p*ss up as a way of giving them the two fingers as they were against people drinking and generally having fun.
I've found I can give people the 'up yours' with 2 fingers and they think I'm giving them the victory sign ! ...... very amusing at times.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:47 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I've found I can give people the 'up yours' with 2 fingers and they think I'm giving them the victory sign ! ...... very amusing at times.
I've mentioned this before but I love being to slip the word w**ker into conversations with out people realising what I'm saying.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:48 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I fly mine all year round ! .........
I would too if I had my own house!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:50 pm

I've mentioned this before but I love being to slip the word w**ker into conversations with out people realising what I'm saying.
One of my co-workers asked me what it meant and I told her. Since no one else here knows, she uses it now and again and is so proud that she can swear without anyone knowing !
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:50 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a good american friend who's a really nice woman, a family doctor, religious... and for some reason she's taken to saying 'bollocks' a lot. And she says it with such an innocent smile.... bollocks!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:51 pm

I would too if I had my own house!
What's wrong with flying it on someone elses ! or a block of flats. hehehe
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:09 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Chorlton
ALl the pople I've met who know its just a US thing assume that in the UK we are still upset about it and that we try to ignore it. Apparently we spend the whole of 4th July pissed off
I've had so many people ask if we celebrate it, some act like it's a sore subject etc etc. Now I tell them we were happy to cut them loose as they were dragging us down!!! It's pretty funny! I love messing with idiots!!!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh yes it dose, I rather enjoy being a bitch
Me too! It's also almost impossible to stop a Brit from being Sarcastic!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I've had so many people ask if we celebrate it, some act like it's a sore subject etc etc. Now I tell them we were happy to cut them loose as they were dragging us down!!! It's pretty funny! I love messing with idiots!!!
I might treat the other half to that book 1776
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:17 pm
Back where I belong!

What's wrong with flying it on someone elses ! or a block of flats. hehehe
I would, if I lived in a block of flats, but unfortunately (actually it's probably a good thing) I live in a resort like complex. We're not allowed to even attach a dish to our balcony, so a flag (especially one of a different country) would be completely out of the question!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:12 pm

We're not allowed to even attach a dish to our balcony, so a flag (especially one of a different country) would be completely out of the question!
Yuk.... I gladly went to the local B&Q (I still call it that instead of 'Home Depot') and bought one of those 'Proudly fly your flag' kits and drilled it to the wall over the garage door !