Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Deck the halls....

Deck the halls....

Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:02 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Deck the halls....

....and the rest of your house with ridiculous Christmas lights.

http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:27 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deck the halls....

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
....and the rest of your house with ridiculous Christmas lights.

http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM
I heard on the news that they had to turn this off because of the number of people going to see it. Impressive.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:58 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by neil
I heard on the news that they had to turn this off because of the number of people going to see it. Impressive.
Our Local news channel said there was an accident outside their house because people were not paying attention to the road as they drove by. The police couldn't get to the accident because of the traffic congestion and made them shut it down...... and I thought I was good at going 'bah humbug' ! LOL

Where DO you get the gadgets and gizmo's to do that anyway... I want to do it on 4th July and Play 'RULE BRITANNIA' very loudly ! hehehehe..... that's get the neighbours going ! :scared:

Last edited by TN-Dave; Dec 9th 2005 at 1:16 pm. Reason: more stuff....
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:37 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Where DO you get the gadgets and gizmo's to do that anyway... I want to do it on 4th July and Play 'RULE BRITANNIA' very loudly ! hehehehe..... that's get the neighbours going ! :scared:
I always plan on flying the flag, even if its just to see what reaction, if any, there would be. Some day...
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:44 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I always plan on flying the flag, even if its just to see what reaction, if any, there would be. Some day...
I fly mine all year round ! .........
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:51 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I flew mine one fourth of July and it really upset one of my neighbors, she really didnt see the funny side of it. She saw even less when I sang God save the Queen at the party later, everyone else just thought it funny.

BTW this is the same neighbor that thought 4th of July was a worldwide celebration and was shocked to find out only America celebrates it.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick

BTW this is the same neighbor that thought 4th of July was a worldwide celebration and was shocked to find out only America celebrates it.
:scared:

LOLOL........ I've found that too - people ask me sometimes if we had big parties for 4th july in England. I usually manage to give them enough of a sarcastic look for them to stop and start actually thinking about the reason behind their celebration beofre they continue with the question.

One of my neighbours kids did actually ask me how come I speak English so well. She is 18 and obviously has no common sense. I proceeded to remind her I was from England, and therefore English would be my usual langu age...
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:11 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

LOLOL........ I've found that too - people ask me sometimes if we had big parties for 4th july in England. I usually manage to give them enough of a sarcastic look for them to stop and start actually thinking about the reason behind their celebration beofre they continue with the question.

One of my neighbours kids did actually ask me how come I speak English so well. She is 18 and obviously has no common sense. I proceeded to remind her I was from England, and therefore English would be my usual langu age...
ALl the pople I've met who know its just a US thing assume that in the UK we are still upset about it and that we try to ignore it. Apparently we spend the whole of 4th July pissed off
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:14 pm

ALl the pople I've met who know its just a US thing assume that in the UK we are still upset about it and that we try to ignore it. Apparently we spend the whole of 4th July pissed off
LOL.... I glady update them with a quick history lesson advising of them how much trouble it was to run the US from a distance and how we gave them their own country after putting up a 'bit of fight for show'... LOL most seem bemused at this....
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

:scared:

I was asked once if we celebrate Christmas in England. The person in question was astonished when I replied "I think you'll find we celebrated Christmas before anyone else did, infact you could say we invented it".
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
I was asked once if we celebrate Christmas in England. The person in question was astonished when I replied "I think you'll find we celebrated Christmas before anyone else did, infact you could say we invented it".
I got asked the same question yesterday.... My reply was just "Yep... God made it across the pond too"
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I got asked the same question yesterday.... My reply was just "Yep... God made it across the pond too"
I find it very hard to keep calm & polite when asked questions like that by some thick headed moron
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
I find it very hard to keep calm & polite when asked questions like that by some thick headed moron
I know... I find the odd occasion when sarcasm tries to creep in and hijack my answers...... does that ever happen to anyone else ?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I know... I find the odd occasion when sarcasm tries to creep in and hijack my answers...... does that ever happen to anyone else ?
Oh yes it dose, I rather enjoy being a bitch
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Chances are you'll be PISSED on the 4th of July , as opposed to being 'pissed off'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.