Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Decent Telly at Last!

Decent Telly at Last!

Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:36 am
Just Joined

pieandmash is a jewel in the roughpieandmash is a jewel in the roughpieandmash is a jewel in the roughpieandmash is a jewel in the roughpieandmash is a jewel in the rough
Default Decent Telly at Last!

recently came across a cracking website for those of you missing British television or sick of seeing Monty Python reruns on BBC America. You can download all types of programmes new and old and some shows are posted a day after they air. The files are in bittorrent format, so you will need to download a small programme to transfer the files. I think they have a limited number of users, but they boot people (with bad sharing ratios) every couple of weeks to make room for new users. The site is called uknova followed by the obvious. Enjoy!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:49 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent Telly at Last!

Originally Posted by pieandmash
recently came across a cracking website for those of you missing British television or sick of seeing Monty Python reruns on BBC America. You can download all types of programmes new and old and some shows are posted a day after they air. The files are in bittorrent format, so you will need to download a small programme to transfer the files. I think they have a limited number of users, but they boot people (with bad sharing ratios) every couple of weeks to make room for new users. The site is called uknova followed by the obvious. Enjoy!
Wow! That's a new one on us. Thanks for the heads up

Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Wow! That's a new one on us. Thanks for the heads up

Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Be fair ..its only been mentioned 108 times since may 2004
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:37 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Might want to take note of the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: None of the files shown here are actually hosted on this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. The administrator of this site UKNova cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:13 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's a good job you signed up today to tell us - we'd never have known about this new "bittorrent" thingamebobby. In my day we had to watch black and white telly with three channels - mind you we lived in a hole in the road....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:25 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Well it's a good job you signed up today to tell us - we'd never have known about this new "bittorrent" thingamebobby. In my day we had to watch black and white telly with three channels - mind you we lived in a hole in the road....

Luxury!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Decent Telly at Last!

We get our HBO channel on digital and apart from showing 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais, there is another British programme which my husband found which we can get 'on demand'.

It's called the 'Sex Inspectors'. I haven't seen it (but my husband found it very interesting LOL!). It's where the 'Sex inspectors' visit couples and discuss what is going wrong with their sex lives and give them remedies/ideas on how to improve it.....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:16 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

It's called the 'Sex Inspectors'. I haven't seen it (but my husband found it very interesting LOL!). It's where the 'Sex inspectors' visit couples and discuss what is going wrong with their sex lives and give them remedies/ideas on how to improve it.....
OMG! I saw one of those last year when I went back for a few weeks. They discuss what's going wrong with their sex lives after filming them doing it and watching! They put cameras up all through the house to film them at it. They even show some of the footage on the program, and even though it is blurred, they're obviusly not as good as the American 'blurrers' as you can still pretty much see it all going on... :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mick Travis has a brilliant futureMick Travis has a brilliant futureMick Travis has a brilliant futureMick Travis has a brilliant futureMick Travis has a brilliant futureMick Travis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Luxury!
We used to dream of livin' in a hole in the road.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
We get our HBO channel on digital and apart from showing 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais, there is another British programme which my husband found which we can get 'on demand'.

Sex Inspectors all very interesting never to old to learn more trick's.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:41 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Decent Telly at Last!

Originally Posted by britvic
Sex Inspectors all very interesting never to old to learn more trick's.

Oooooh! What new tricks did you learn then?

I still haven't seen Sex Inspectors...but maybe I will later (can you imagine it being transmitted on BBC America?!) ...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Englishmum]

I still haven't seen Sex Inspectors...QUOTE]

that's what my mum would have said
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:31 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

aw bless.
Hello newbie!