Death
53.13%
life sentence
46.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:54 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

Since some of you seem to think that the death penalty is right for murderers, a quick question- how long before you execute?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 12:01 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
I kinda agree - i dont believe in the death penalty as it is too easy an option, especialy as its administered in a 'humane fashion' - how does that compare to the potential life long suffereing of say a murdered persons family, no - brutal, slow painful torture over a life sentance!!

sure it would never go ahead as there are too many do gooders around, but i can dream eh!!!!

Ant
The trouble is a lot of murderers, child sex offenders do not show any remorse whatsoever for the crime they commit, they do not sit there for life suffering for the crime they have committed, I can only imagine how I would feel if one of my family had been murdered, so for me it would be the death penalty, and if they could make it painful all the better
Old Dec 10th 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
DEATH PENALTY or LIFE
...why should we care for someone who had so little thought for another human being....yes, there should be exceptions,for the mentally ill.
My husband works in a maximum security prison,and for the first few years,on Death Row....there are some who have been sentenced to death who are 'living' quite comfortably on the 'row' for years....and I do mean years,with their tv etc....one 'angel' even stabbed my husband in the face,for pulling the 'curtain'(which he wasn't supposed to have)back to carry on with his 'shift-change' count...luckily hubby's fine,and then,as a parting 'gift',the out-going Govenor,commuted all the death sentences to life....I can't imagine how all those victims families must feel,knowing that they are helping to pay(through the taxes)to take care of the person who murdered their family member,who's going to commute their death sentence?
I don't like the electric chair at all,but I don't have a problem with the 'lethal injection',it's probably much 'kinder' than the way they murdered their victim.
I also agree that a lot of the inmates had terrible lives,but they weren't forced to murder anyone,they made the ultimate choice...they should pay the ultimate price....Sophia
Old Dec 10th 2005, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

One of the big problems that those who have never dealt with murderers and the ilk seem to miss is that they simply do not think like us. If it were one of us we would sit and stew in our own remorse for what we did since we are generally civilised and rationally sane people. The majority of people capable of commiting murder (as opposed to say manslaughter) simply do not think this way. Incarceration is not a punishment to them in the same way it is to sane people.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I was all gung ho for the death penalty, until I saw a few documentaries on the Wuornos woman.

Changed my mind.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
I was all gung ho for the death penalty, until I saw a few documentaries on the Wuornos woman.
Changed my mind.
That surprises me !! she was one wild animal ...
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:59 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
I kinda agree - i dont believe in the death penalty as it is too easy an option, especialy as its administered in a 'humane fashion' - how does that compare to the potential life long suffereing of say a murdered persons family, no - brutal, slow painful torture over a life sentance!!

sure it would never go ahead as there are too many do gooders around, but i can dream eh!!!!

Ant
Maybe the USA could implement torture programs.... Oh wait, they do....
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:03 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I supported the death penalty for years, and still think there are many cases in which it is deserved. That being said, these last few years with all the reversals of death sentences based on new DNA evidence, coupled with the overwhelming evidence that the death penalty is only applied to those with out means to afford high priced hot shot defence lawyers (ala OJ Simpson and many others) my beliefs have changed. I believe that as a society, we should meet out the most horrible sentence for the intentional taking of a human life- and to me the most horrible thing would be to be locked up forever, with absolutely no hope of freedom.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I voted death pentalty, why should my taxes go to keep a killer fed and housed when there are so many people homeless and hungry through no fault of their own. Less murderers in jail = less cost to tax man = healthier country. And before you bring up the subject of court / lawyer costs ..... thats gotta be stopped too .... letting them appeal over and over again for years and years is bullshit !

Jan
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:32 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I supported the death penalty for years, and still think there are many cases in which it is deserved. That being said, these last few years with all the reversals of death sentences based on new DNA evidence, coupled with the overwhelming evidence that the death penalty is only applied to those with out means to afford high priced hot shot defence lawyers (ala OJ Simpson and many others) my beliefs have changed. I believe that as a society, we should meet out the most horrible sentence for the intentional taking of a human life- and to me the most horrible thing would be to be locked up forever, with absolutely no hope of freedom.
You have summed up my feelings exactly.

Originally Posted by LuTziE
Since some of you seem to think that the death penalty is right for murderers, a quick question- how long before you execute
This reminds me...

I can't remember exactly when this was or in what state (I tried, unsuccessfully, to find reference to it online), but a few years ago a death row inmate filed a lawsuit stating that because the law allowed him to file appeal after appeal of his conviction and death sentencing, the 20+ years he ended up being on death row as a result constituted cruel and unusual punishment. He lost.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:17 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Maybe the USA could implement torture programs.... Oh wait, they do....
Condie insists they don't, so that must be true....right?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by ironporer
Yes!

Ray, she was an animal alright. An oftly wounded one. I couldn't bear to watch the actual movie with my famous countrywimmin in the role, after having gone through a few documentaries. This woman deserved to be shut away in a loony bin for the rest of her life (is that a PC term? )
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
loony bin for the rest of her life (is that a PC term? )
Come on everyone knows its nut house or Fraggle Rock
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Come on everyone knows its nut house or Fraggle Rock
Funny Farm is probably more PC
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:52 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
One of the big problems that those who have never dealt with murderers and the ilk seem to miss is that they simply do not think like us. If it were one of us we would sit and stew in our own remorse for what we did since we are generally civilised and rationally sane people. The majority of people capable of commiting murder (as opposed to say manslaughter) simply do not think this way. Incarceration is not a punishment to them in the same way it is to sane people.
The problem is what constitutes murder where the murderer deserves executing. In the UK you would be convicted of murder if you showed intent but, I have met murderers who were in a pub fight and were overheard saying something like 'I'll kill him if he doesn't piss off' Then the victim has banged their head and died after being punched. Was it murder? I've also met a man who went with a shotgun and blew someones head off. Both are murderers in the eye's of the law.

Some do show remorse most just become worse criminals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.