British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   DEATH PENALTY or LIFE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/death-penalty-life-342025/)

Ray Dec 9th 2005 10:57 pm

DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

gruffbrown Dec 9th 2005 10:59 pm

Re: DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

Originally Posted by Ray
DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

USA or UK Ray?

Ray Dec 9th 2005 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
USA or UK Ray?

Anyway in the world really.. my vote won't be a surprise

gruffbrown Dec 9th 2005 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Anyway in the world really

Life without reprieve, just based on the UK judicial system, which has been notoriously bad at convicting the right (or wrong) person...

gruffbrown Dec 9th 2005 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Life without reprieve, just based on the UK judicial system, which has been notoriously bad at convicting the right (or wrong) person...

LOL neither will mine :D

Patrick Dec 9th 2005 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
DEATH PENALTY or LIFE

For whom, you?

Bob Dec 9th 2005 11:38 pm

And how to administer the death penalty? :D

gruffbrown Dec 9th 2005 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

Death by overeating

Patrick Dec 10th 2005 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Bob

The more horrendous the crime the more painful. Therefor if you murder and rape kids you get buggared to death. But if you only killed your wife when you caught her cheating you a far more humane method - like having your testicles bitten off by a walrus and bleeding to death

antjen Dec 10th 2005 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Patrick
The more horrendous the crime the more painful. Therefor if you murder and rape kids you get buggared to death. But if you only killed your wife when you caught her cheating you a far more humane method - like having your testicles bitten off by a walrus and bleeding to death

I kinda agree - i dont believe in the death penalty as it is too easy an option, especialy as its administered in a 'humane fashion' - how does that compare to the potential life long suffereing of say a murdered persons family, no - brutal, slow painful torture over a life sentance!!

sure it would never go ahead as there are too many do gooders around, but i can dream eh!!!!

Ant

cutina Dec 10th 2005 3:50 am

it's strange, because i completely disagree with the death penalty, and voted that way above, but i have to admit, the thing which would tempt me to sway would be the ever-increasing cost of keeping criminals behind bars. It doesn't make sense that in the end, we have to pay for other people's actions- literally.

:confused::(

NC Penguin Dec 10th 2005 4:19 am

Will someone please, please fix the terrible typo in the question?

PS: went to see Capote at the cinema this evening. Showed an execution by hanging and also the murder of the father in the Capote book, "In Cold Blood".

Film was excellent. I highly recommend it, even if you know nothing about Truman Capote or the murders.

NC Penguin

Lord Lionheart Dec 10th 2005 4:55 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

PS: went to see Capote at the cinema this evening. Showed an execution by hanging and also the murder of the father in the Capote book, "In Cold Blood".

Film was excellent. I highly recommend it, even if you know nothing about Truman Capote or the murders.

NC Penguin

That's a lot to fit into one evening, a movie and being shown an execution. Typos I can take, but complaints about typos followed by terrible grammar are just too much. That's what Capote would probably have said, whoever he was?

Bob Dec 10th 2005 4:57 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

just for you :p and i'm impressed, finally, that edit poll was in the selection :D

antjen Dec 10th 2005 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Bob
just for you :p and i'm impressed, finally, that edit poll was in the selection :D

can we have a third option on the poll for 'other' :)

Ant