Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is This The Death Of America?

Is This The Death Of America?

Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:56 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Is This The Death Of America?

There is a very pessimistic view by a reporter in today's 'Daily Mirror' on the state of the US right now:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

My view is that the US is 'down but not out'. Thank goodness Bush will be out of office when his term ends. I predict that the two main contenders for the White House will be Rudolph Guiliani vs Hillary Clinton and I think that either one of them would show strong leadership skills....something that Dubya just doesn't have.

PS. I didn't realised that infant mortality was so high in the USA...it's appalling and I guess that few of those babies are white. It's astonishing to me that pregnant and nursing mothers and infants don't get free health care in this prosperous country.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is This The Death Of America?

Both Rudy and Hillary have enough dirt on them to make it a really ugly presidential race if they went head to head.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 3:52 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

PS. I didn't realised that infant mortality was so high in the USA...it's appalling and I guess that few of those babies are white. It's astonishing to me that pregnant and nursing mothers and infants don't get free health care in this prosperous country.

It is not just astonishing it's obscene! But, as you point out, most of the babies who die are not white, which could be seen as a clue as to why nothing is being done about it.

Also, the recent statement by a former education secretary for once exposes certain sentiments about race that are always there in the background but rarely talked about or acknowledged.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a very pessimistic view by a reporter in today's 'Daily Mirror' on the state of the US right now:

My view is that the US is 'down but not out'. Thank goodness Bush will be out of office when his term ends. I predict that the two main contenders for the White House will be Rudolph Guiliani vs Hillary Clinton and I think that either one of them would show strong leadership skills....something that Dubya just doesn't have.

Emum I think the USA is still breathing but the doctor is just about intibate and it may take 10-15 yrs to recover......energy is the key ....they either need a way to find cheaper energy or ways of producing more energy FAST

rising energy cost put the price of EVERYTHING up and puts less money in consumers pockets thus the economy takes a dive.........I predict more chapter 11 filings over the next 3 years than any 3 years in history

the only savior the USA has is food...it can produce basically anything and a lot of it
Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Also, the recent statement by a former education secretary for once exposes certain sentiments about race that are always there in the background but rarely talked about or acknowledged.
He was just quoting from a book and while it is obviously true, he didn't advocate such an act. He is a pro lifer.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:16 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

There IS Medicaid for those who can't meet an income level and there is the WIC program for mothers and infants.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future

I was reading the report by Morgan Stanley yesterday on the recent disclosures by Alan Greenspan. It tells the following:

namely, a US current account deficit that accounts for fully 70% of all the external deficits in today’s unbalanced world.

Let me repeat that, the US deficit is 70% of all countries in the World added together! Wow!

America is being sold off to foreign investors at the rate of nearly $67 billion a month!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:34 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrcusa
I was reading the report by Morgan Stanley yesterday on the recent disclosures by Alan Greenspan. It tells the following:

namely, a US current account deficit that accounts for fully 70% of all the external deficits in today’s unbalanced world.

Let me repeat that, the US deficit is 70% of all countries in the World added together! Wow!

America is being sold off to foreign investors at the rate of nearly $67 billion a month!

Boy, did Clinton mess us up, eh!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
It is not just astonishing it's obscene! But, as you point out, most of the babies who die are not white, which could be seen as a clue as to why nothing is being done about it.

They have a programme at the hospitals where you can hand over a newborn baby "no questions asked". That shocked me.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:41 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Most disturbing thing I learned today - A black American baby is more likely to die in the months after birth than a Cuban baby, or one born in Beijing. (According to a study on Poverty and Race in America from the BBC wesite)
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Is he the President?

or

Did he order the Iraq invasion?

No, when Clinton left office he left surpluses.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Is he the President?

or

Not what my friends @ Fc*ks News are telling me. According to them, it's all Bill's fault...
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Is he the President?

or

fatbrit was speaking tongue in cheek......
Old Oct 8th 2005, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
fatbrit was speaking tongue in cheek......

Gotya.

Thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:08 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit

yeah, what kind of a president leaves his country without a deficit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.