British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dear Record Breakers..! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dear-record-breakers-317893/)

CarlM Aug 3rd 2005 5:31 pm

Dear Record Breakers..!

Dear Record-Breakers

My AOS appointment was given to me with 20 minutes notice!! - is this a world record??

The appointment letter hadnt arrived so i made an Infopass appointment back in May, and was told the letter had been sent (they had forgot to include my Apt # so it never arrived!!), and was told the interview was in 20 mins!! Yep - my Infopass was 8:10, and AOS was 8:30!

My wife worked down the road and appeared within 10 minutes of me frantically calling her and begging her to abandon her colleagues.. we didnt have any of our stuff with us but he said we were fine after a 20 minute very pleasant chat, but he told me to come back with my papers (which you bet i did!), and walked out later that day stamped with me 551!!!

I know this was a couple months back, but just thought i'd share.. i still lose sleep over it! LOL

peacelover Aug 3rd 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Dear Record Breakers..!

Originally Posted by CarlM
Dear Record-Breakers

My AOS appointment was given to me with 20 minutes notice!! - is this a world record??

The appointment letter hadnt arrived so i made an Infopass appointment back in May, and was told the letter had been sent (they had forgot to include my Apt # so it never arrived!!), and was told the interview was in 20 mins!! Yep - my Infopass was 8:10, and AOS was 8:30!

My wife worked down the road and appeared within 10 minutes of me frantically calling her and begging her to abandon her colleagues.. we didnt have any of our stuff with us but he said we were fine after a 20 minute very pleasant chat, but he told me to come back with my papers (which you bet i did!), and walked out later that day stamped with me 551!!!

Just thought i'd share.. i still lose sleep over it! LOL

Fantastic story........congratulations.

Duncan Roberts Aug 3rd 2005 6:02 pm

It wasn't the Cleveland office was it?

CarlM Aug 3rd 2005 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
It wasn't the Cleveland office was it?

LOL - Close enough, it was down the road in Columbus!

Duncan Roberts Aug 3rd 2005 6:13 pm

The Cleveland office 'lost' my photos and sent me out to get some more, 15 minutes before they closed and the closes place bing 5 minutes away. UCSIS must just like to mess with people!

MiniBrit Aug 3rd 2005 7:08 pm

so whats the Record Breakers equivalent of a Crackerjack pencil or Jim'll Fix It badge? whatever it is, you deserve it. Well done. gotta love the dear old USCIS :rolleyes:

ScousePete Aug 3rd 2005 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by MiniBrit
so whats the Record Breakers equivalent of a Crackerjack pencil or Jim'll Fix It badge? whatever it is, you deserve it. Well done. gotta love the dear old USCIS :rolleyes:

A cheque book and pen! Didn't we have naff game show prizes compared to the States? ;)

CarlM Aug 4th 2005 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ScousePete
A cheque book and pen! Didn't we have naff game show prizes compared to the States? ;)

They sure did suck, but maybe not as bad as an African gameshow that was shown on one of Dennis Nordons BBC specials. The star prize on one show was 'Some bars of soap!' LOL.. Jeez,the anticipation.. the excitement!! :zzz:

Bob Aug 4th 2005 5:12 pm

superb stuff :)