Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dear Mother Life's a Bugger

Dear Mother Life's a Bugger

Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:29 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Dear Mother Life's a Bugger

Dear Mother,

You called me a silly sod when I told you that I was running off to america with a girl I had only known for five minutes, giving up my good job, locking the door to my furnished flat and throwing the key into the river; leaving my two teenaged kids with their mum and step dad at a crucial time in their lives and paying none of the debts I have ran up thereby destroying any hope I might have had of ever buying my own home in the UK, and all for what? To be jobless and skint in small town Michigan? Well, who's laughing now..........ha ha ha h.....erm...........actually, mum.......can you send me a few hundred quid? I've lost my plane ticket and I've got no clean undies!!!!

You can reach me here
Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dear Mother Life's a Bugger

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Dear Mother,

You called me a silly sod when I told you that I was running off to america with a girl I had only known for five minutes, giving up my good job, locking the door to my furnished flat and throwing the key into the river; leaving my two teenaged kids with their mum and step dad at a crucial time in their lives and paying none of the debts I have ran up thereby destroying any hope I might have had of ever buying my own home in the UK, and all for what? To be jobless and skint in small town Michigan? Well, who's laughing now..........ha ha ha h.....erm...........actually, mum.......can you send me a few hundred quid? I've lost my plane ticket and I've got no clean undies!!!!

You can reach me here
Stop it Eskimo
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:01 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Stop it Eskimo
As they say in america: huh?
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:17 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
To be jobless and skint in small town Michigan? Well, who's laughing now..........
Me
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:27 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Stop it Eskimo

Nooo...Eskimo would never pretend to be from Michigan!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:49 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Sarah
Nooo...Eskimo would never pretend to be from Michigan!
Okay, this is getting our of hand. I am not eskimo. I am silly sod, known to my friends as....well, you don't want to know ha ha. I am from Manchester, England, the greatest city in the world (after all the other greatest cities in the world - you know who you are great cities). I have been here with my OH for just under a month and as yet am not feeling homesick (I know, I know, It'll happen). In fact, I am glad to see the back of the place ha ha.

I do miss real pubs though and saturday afternoon p*ss ups watching Man U on the bg screen while good naturedly slagging the token MCFC fans who, to their credit, always take it on the chin (specially that time they beat us in the Derby lol).
I also miss Daddies brown sauce and Heinz baked beans and Warbys bread - or any bread that costs less than a quid in fact. I miss Hollands pies and of course curry. I miss me mum and.........oh sod this, I'm off. TAXI!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site

if you're a football fan, join us in the BFT (British football thread) in the trailer park forum.

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Stop it Eskimo
are you mental?