British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Dear Dr BritishExpats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/dear-dr-britishexpats-112800/)

Patrick Oct 12th 2002 9:40 am

Dear Dr BritishExpats

Dear Dr BritishExpats,

About 39 days ago my wife filed an I-130 and since then my behaviour has changed. I have sat and waited for the postman to come everymorning waiting for the NOA. If he hasn't come by the time I go to work (which is most mornings) I spent all day wondering if it has come, checking the US Embassy London website, this website and other relevant web sites. I leave work early and drive home as quick as possible to see if anything has come.

Since I filed my OF-169 I have checked my documentation every day. I seem to become an obsessive compulsive, is this common.

Is there a cure, or any hope for me whatsoever!

Yours

Patrick

mrsstrickland Oct 12th 2002 9:44 am

Re: Dear Dr BritishExpats

this seems to be a common problem, i think we all do it, i suggest a bottle of jack daniels everyday and put a tracking device to your postman,

i hope you hear from them soon

good luck

groovy Oct 12th 2002 10:39 am

Dear friends,

I don´t think there is a cure. The only hope is to get the visa, go home and forget about it asap...

I don´t recognize myself after only 2 and a half months of process. I think this visa stuff it is done on purpose to drive people who love each other nuts ...

BTW, there is a medication over the counter that works for most of us: it is called "keep yourself very busy". It is cheap and has no secondary effects.

best,
groovy

Patrick Oct 12th 2002 10:42 am

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
this seems to be a common problem, i think we all do it, i suggest a bottle of jack daniels everyday and put a tracking device to your postman,

i hope you hear from them soon

good luck

Would you Adam and Eve it, I finished posting this, turned off my puter and went for a shower. When I came back downstairs the sneaky bastard of a postman had been and quess what! No wrong, guess again. Yes the NOA came. I predict that my new compulsive behaviour will be waiting for the postman to bring my interview date! I wonder what I will be obsessive about once all this is over - I will probably go back to being a sane human being, won't that be a let down but then again my wife might start talking to me again!

Timeline

Event Date Day

I-130 Filed (DCF) September 2nd 0
Applied for UK Police Certificate September 2nd 0
DS-230 Filed September 3rd 1
$130 deducted from Credit Card September 10th 8
Received Provisional Case Number September 23rd 21
Received UK Police Certificate October 1st 29
OF-169 Filed October 1st 29
I-130 Approved October 9th 37
NOA received October 12 40

Good Luck Everyone

Patrick

rogerpenycate Oct 12th 2002 2:26 pm

Hi Patrick,
Nice one, another step forward. Just as well the postman came while you were in the shower otherwise you may have kissed him.
I know you are an intelligent man, so are most of the other posters on here (including me) however, for some strange reason, must be the "nature of the beast" we all turn into gibbering idiots and do so many irrational things.
I can 100% guarantee you that when you have that visa in your hand you will wonder what it was that you worried about.
Easier said than done, I know.

Perhaps you can then celebrate and take your wife to buy a new pair of shoes ;o)

Good luck, it won't be long now

Roger + Ida

ScarlettHill Oct 12th 2002 2:44 pm

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Hi Patrick,
Nice one, another step forward. Just as well the postman came while you were in the shower otherwise you may have kissed him.
I know you are an intelligent man, so are most of the other posters on here (including me) however, for some strange reason, must be the "nature of the beast" we all turn into gibbering idiots and do so many irrational things.
I can 100% guarantee you that when you have that visa in your hand you will wonder what it was that you worried about.
Easier said than done, I know.

Perhaps you can then celebrate and take your wife to buy a new pair of shoes ;o)

Good luck, it won't be long now

Roger + Ida

WAHAAAAAAY!

So glad to hear your news. As a keen stalker of the postman myself I have felt slightly strange the last few mornings, now I have been notified of my interview. The postie goes about the village with an unloved look on his face, poor thing. Cupboard love is so fickle ;)

Seriously delighted to hear things are moving for you at last.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

sxsx Oct 12th 2002 5:17 pm

Originally posted by Patrick:

Would you Adam and Eve it, I finished posting this, turned off my puter and went for a shower. When I came back downstairs the sneaky bastard of a postman had been and quess what! No wrong, guess again. Yes the NOA came. I predict that my new compulsive behaviour will be waiting for the postman to bring my interview date! I wonder what I will be obsessive about once all this is over - I will probably go back to being a sane human being, won't that be a let down but then again my wife might start talking to me again!

Patrick

you will safely be obsessing for a while yet i fear as second NOA takes about 6 months....

Agree with "keep busy" and sure that "they are doing this to drive people who love each other nuts".
Romeo & Juilet never reaized how good they had it.

rogerpenycate Oct 12th 2002 5:40 pm

Originally posted by sxsx:

you will safely be obsessing for a while yet i fear as second NOA takes about 6 months....

Agree with "keep busy" and sure that "they are doing this to drive people who love each other nuts".
Romeo & Juilet never reaized how good they had it.

Patrick went the DCF route in London and current timelines suggest he should have an interview date of around mid-December, fingers crossed.

katnap8 Oct 12th 2002 6:03 pm

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Patrick:

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You're on your way :)

I'm sure the postman is glad you've stopped stalking him, or else he might feel like the postman in Keeping Up Appearances :)

Patrick Oct 12th 2002 6:43 pm

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by katnap8:

Originally posted by Patrick:

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! You're on your way :)

I'm sure the postman is glad you've stopped stalking him, or else he might feel like the postman in Keeping Up Appearances :)

I think thats why he waited until I was in the shower, he was probably hiding behind the bush until I went upstairs!

groovy Oct 12th 2002 7:24 pm

Good for you Patrick ...

Just remember to hide again on time for the second NOA which should be arriving any time soon !

regards,
g