Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dealership not paid finance off

Dealership not paid finance off

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:04 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dealership not paid finance off

I bought a new car at the end of June and part-exchanged a car we had with around $3k remaining on finance.

It's now 28 days since I did the deal and the dealership still haven't paid the finance off. I've had to make another payment on the loan in that time, and another one is due next week. I've also had to pay the first installment on my new car.

I've been trying to get the dealership to tell me when they are going to pay, but they are just ignoring me.

I've checked the paperwork, and it clearly states the amount they need to pay to clear the finance. Anyone else had this problem before?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:03 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dealership not paid finance off

Originally Posted by N1cky
I bought a new car at the end of June and part-exchanged a car we had with around $3k remaining on finance.

It's now 28 days since I did the deal and the dealership still haven't paid the finance off. I've had to make another payment on the loan in that time, and another one is due next week. I've also had to pay the first installment on my new car.

I've been trying to get the dealership to tell me when they are going to pay, but they are just ignoring me.

I've checked the paperwork, and it clearly states the amount they need to pay to clear the finance. Anyone else had this problem before?
Small claims court. File now.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:53 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Call that finance company to let them know what is going on... provide paperwork, back of title, bill of sale. Small claims for your out of pocket losses. Consider contacting your states' regulatory agency which oversee dealership licensing, lodge a complaint (it may be a branch of the DMV). Hell, contact the state attny office to see what they have to say.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:57 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

State attorney office and finance company X2!

Also the automobile manufacturer the dealer sells, call them direct, and explain to them what their representative is doing.

Expect neck-snapping results. Let'em have it!

Pete
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 7:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps a shout to a local paper...certainly rag them on twitter while you're at it
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:44 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice everyone. The dealership finally called me back and said they sent the payoff check to the wrong address. They have promised to get it resloved with 24 hours.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice everyone. The dealership finally called me back and said they sent the payoff check to the wrong address. They have promised to get it resloved with 24 hours.
this is true - suspicious of the old "cheque is in the post"...

If it is bollox, get on to your local TV news channel - they often have a segment where they sort these kinds of things out and embarrass local cowboys...

(that's the UK meaning of cowboy in this context!!)

PS - don't forget to get reimbursed for the payments you've had to make in the mean time...
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:55 pm

Yay, just checked my account and the finance has now been paid off in full, leaving a credit of the extra payment I had to make. Just got to get that back from the loan company now
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, just checked my account and the finance has now been paid off in full, leaving a credit of the extra payment I had to make. Just got to get that back from the loan company now