Reload this Page >

DCF CR-1 -- interview date

DCF CR-1 -- interview date

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

HelloHello78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF CR-1 -- interview date

Hi all,

My husband and I are applying for a CR-1 DCF in London.

He's had his medical exam and we sent all required paperwork (about 2 weeks ago) and are now waiting to be notified of our interview date.

So here's my question: when we sent the cover letter 2 weeks ago, we did not aks for the soonest possible interview date because we weren't in any major rush. Now, I've found out that I (the US Citizen) need to be back in the US within 5 weeks for work reasons.

Is it possible to call and request the soonest possible interview date? Or are we SOL because we didn't state that on the letter? Is there some sort of waiting list to get on in case someone with an earlier date cancels?

Would calling the DCF enquiry line help? Or should I try emailing [email protected] ?

If I need to leave the UK before my husband and am not able to attend his interview, will this be okay? (I'd far rather go with him though...)

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be very much appreciated!!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF CR-1 -- interview date

Originally Posted by HelloHello78
I've found out that I (the US Citizen) need to be back in the US within 5 weeks for work reasons.
You are free to leave the UK at any time - you aren't required to attend his interview.

Is it possible to call and request the soonest possible interview date?
Yes, but they are not obligated to give you one.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

HelloHello78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF CR-1 -- interview date

Okay, thank you for this info.

Is the general enquiry phone number for the embassy (+44904 245 0100) the correct number to call and ask about an earlier date?