Dcf !!!

Old Apr 15th 2002, 8:57 am
Just Joined

peach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dcf !!!

hello. i have read alot of the messages o forum.

i am eligible for my husband and i to do a dcf (london), but problem is, we cannot get a sponsor. just not possible. so, my question, how are we to do all this if i am living in the uk? how am i suppose to have a us paying job if living here? please help with this, as a bit confusing, and we are not able to get a sponsor.
Old Apr 15th 2002, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dcf !!!

It's helpful if you have a job lined up in the US, but you don't have to have US income before they will grant a visa for your spouse. You can fulfil that portion of evidence for the I-864 from your UK income. If you have been married for a while, your spouse can be a co-sponsor.
Old Apr 15th 2002, 10:59 am
Just Joined

thanks for your reply. still confused though.

we have been married for 4 1/2 years. (married i the us).

was under the assunption that 864 had to have only the us income. where we cannot get a sponsor, is making things difficult. we have lived here since 97. he is uk. we both work.
Old Apr 15th 2002, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

You can only DCF in the UK if you are resident there. Therefore, no one expects you to have earned money in the US. UK-earned income is absolutely fine - just make sure you have 3 years of US tax returns.

Past earnings are only part of the story though. They will want to know how you are going to support yourselves when you get to the US as well. If you don't have a job to go to in the US, you'll want to provide evidence of looking for work plus some savings to tide you over.
Old Apr 15th 2002, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

thanks again for your reply. i need all the help i can get.

yes i do taxes every year. i file the 2555 for foreign earned income.

and yes, i have the leave to remain here.

just find it confusing as how to go about it all without having a sponsor. not possible. was under impression that 864 had to show only american income.

so, will pull out the paperwork and have another look at it. might have more questions for you then. hope you do ot mind.