British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Day off Manana, going Fishing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/day-off-manana-going-fishing-159894/)

frrussre Jun 17th 2003 2:21 am

Day off Manana, going Fishing

Maybe catch dinner for tomorrow evening.

Reg. Frank R.

mark19964 Jun 17th 2003 8:11 pm

Save me some - haa haa
have a good trip

cheers - Mark

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 1:02 am

Originally posted by mark19964
Save me some - haa haa
have a good trip

cheers - Mark
Thanks Mark!!!

My son caught 6, 2 nice Flukes 18" & 20". Wife caught, 4. Me I read the paper, took in some sun (Was not that much). Caught diddly Squat.

Hows Rickmansworth?

Reg. Frank R.

Ranjini Jun 18th 2003 1:45 am

Originally posted by frrussre
Thanks Mark!!!

My son caught 6, 2 nice Flukes 18" & 20". Wife caught, 4. Me I read the paper, took in some sun (Was not that much). Caught diddly Squat.

Hows Rickmansworth?

Reg. Frank R.
Was about to ask how the fishing went. Looks like it was a good day for the entire family, fishing-wise. I take a book along and manage to do quite a lot of reading while waiting for the fish to bite, while Ken just lies around soaking in the sun.....

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 1:55 am

Originally posted by Ranjini
Was about to ask how the fishing went. Looks like it was a good day for the entire family, fishing-wise. I take a book along and manage to do quite a lot of reading while waiting for the fish to bite, while Ken just lies around soaking in the sun.....

Me also Ranjini,
frankly I'm not the big fishermen. My son & wife like it the most. We often go surf fishing, very relaxing day out. Take something to read & some deck chairs. Cast out, stick the rods in the holder, very nice day. Or we go out for the day on a boat, catch more.

Big plus people are always friendly, today we talked to 40 - 50 people, did not know them, but very friendly. Lending each other landing nets, pliers bate etc.

Yep, real nice day out of the bustle of the big city.

Reg. Frank R.

mark19964 Jun 18th 2003 10:26 am

Hiya Frank,
Yeah, Rickmansworth was sultry and hot at night, last couple of nights that was - no a/c here - bboohooooo.
Starting to freshen up for our traditional summer of rain and rain and rain - in fact its been good weather for a change - but the weather man says it aint gonna last - as usual.

Nearly sold the house, but the couple that want to buy it have'nt sold theirs. This is true of all England at the moment, market is quite - Im begining to panic - just a bit - and to start my day off ,some Bastard hit and killed my daughters cat when Id just dropped her off at school.

So a bit depressed as I write this at the Moment.

All the best - Mark

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 12:46 pm

Hiya Frank,
Yeah, Rickmansworth was sultry and hot at night, last couple of nights that was - no a/c here - bboohooooo.
Starting to freshen up for our traditional summer of rain and rain and rain - in fact its been good weather for a change - but the weather man says it aint gonna last - as usual.

Nearly sold the house, but the couple that want to buy it have'nt sold theirs. This is true of all England at the moment, market is quite - Im begining to panic - just a bit - and to start my day off ,some Bastard hit and killed my daughters cat when Id just dropped her off at school.

So a bit depressed as I write this at the Moment.

All the best - Mark

Mark, sorry to hear about the Cat. Sure your daughter will be devastated.

Re, the weather. Bucketing down in NYC. Worst May & most rain in years. Now June is going the same.

Housing market up & down in NY. Rentals are dead. Buying & selling is slow. The only thing keeping the sale market alive is the Mortgages a cheap 30 year fixed @ 5.25% or less. If the rates go up as in mid 80's it would be a disaster.

Still keep your chin-up, my mother says there is always another bus around the corner.
Reg. Frank R.

mark19964 Jun 18th 2003 8:55 pm

Thanx for the words of encouragement there frank,
I sure hope your mother is right.

Im just chillin, watching the game and having a Bud - Not true.

Im kicking my heels in anticipation and already worn the leather down , fed up dreaming of being in the US and OD'd on all the programs about life in the sun.
And drank so much coffee and tea trying to control my stress levels at night that now i cant sleep.

But Frank, the weather aint half as bad as yours at the moment but give it a chance ,its now raining - again, you know that typhoon rain you get after a swealterey couple of days in England. Holy crap there go's the drainage backing up again after 5 mins of constant rain - sound familiar !!

You know the one thing that really bugs me is that a GC lottery winner gets 1 year to go over and those with spouse \ family application get 6 months to flush your former life down the toilet before getting to the states. Dont figure.

Cheers - Mark

frrussre Jun 18th 2003 10:19 pm

Thanx for the words of encouragement there frank,
I sure hope your mother is right.

Im just chillin, watching the game and having a Bud - Not true.

Im kicking my heels in anticipation and already worn the leather down , fed up dreaming of being in the US and OD'd on all the programs about life in the sun.
And drank so much coffee and tea trying to control my stress levels at night that now i cant sleep.

But Frank, the weather aint half as bad as yours at the moment but give it a chance ,its now raining - again, you know that typhoon rain you get after a swealterey couple of days in England. Holy crap there go's the drainage backing up again after 5 mins of constant rain - sound familiar !!

You know the one thing that really bugs me is that a GC lottery winner gets 1 year to go over and those with spouse \ family application get 6 months to flush your former life down the toilet before getting to the states. Dont figure.

Cheers - Mark
Yes, the lottery deal is strange. Stranger still no Brits allowed. (Guess I'll will now hear from the Anti Brits). I personally would have had Brits at the top of the lists. Maybe I'm bias.

As you say that clock keeps ticking, D day is getting there. I remember it well. Especially the last 3 days.

Hang in there.
Frank R.