British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Day after 4th July. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/day-after-4th-july-802046/)

sanfranjones Jul 5th 2013 4:57 pm

Day after 4th July.

I observed the holiday yesterday, came into work today. The place is a ghost town. Even the roach coaches didnt turn up.

Pulaski Jul 5th 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Day after 4th July.

Maybe you could amuse yourself by asking BE'ers about the weather in their part of the country? :p

Mummy in the foothills Jul 5th 2013 6:23 pm

Lots of places let people turn it into a long weekend, and are off for the 5th too and then back on Monday. Are you sure it was open? :lol:

sanfranjones Jul 5th 2013 6:33 pm

Yup....I'm clock watching.

civilservant Jul 5th 2013 6:34 pm

We spent the day at work making anti-american jokes :unsure:

Philk Jul 5th 2013 7:25 pm

In work with a few others, most are off. Feels more like a Monday than a Friday except for it being the weekend tomorrow

yellowroom Jul 5th 2013 11:18 pm

The only people in my office today was the Brit (me) and the Canadian. Everyone else off til Monday. Was lovely and quiet, got loads done and the phone didn't ring once.

Sheepdip Jul 5th 2013 11:40 pm

Our place shuts down for the Friday after - they make us take PTO! :sneaky:

Poppy girl Jul 6th 2013 1:13 am

Just got back from South Lake Tahoe and feeling like cr@p nothing to do with the mixture of liquor and beer of course :lol:

Mummy in the foothills Jul 6th 2013 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 10786611)
Just got back from South Lake Tahoe and feeling like cr@p nothing to do with the mixture of liquor and beer of course :lol:

Were you on the beach watching the fireworks? A lot of our neighbors went up to watch and camped. Most come back Sunday.

Poppy girl Jul 6th 2013 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10786614)
Were you on the beach watching the fireworks? A lot of our neighbors went up to watch and camped. Most come back Sunday.

We stood outside Harrahs right infront of them perfect view, but to be honest I went back inside on the machines, I am not into fireworks left the BF watching them, we move next weekend so had to get back today to get sorted the traffic was terrible.

Mr Weeze Jul 6th 2013 1:47 am

Ours had that in between Christmas and New Year feel.

Nutek Jul 6th 2013 1:51 am

Hour 56 of the Charlies Angels marathon....

Mr Weeze Jul 6th 2013 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10786642)
Hour 56 of the Charlies Angels marathon....

What crime did you commit?

Michael Jul 6th 2013 2:18 am

Originally Posted by sanfranjones (Post 10786129)
I observed the holiday yesterday, came into work today. The place is a ghost town. Even the roach coaches didnt turn up.

Many Silicon Valley companies have two floating holidays per year to create long weekends when a holiday falls on a Tuesday or Thursday. Generally one is the day after Thanksgiving and the other is before or after Christmas, New Years day, or the 4th of July. Most other holidays are either on a weekend or on a Monday.