Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A date which will live in infamy ....

A date which will live in infamy ....

Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:22 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A date which will live in infamy ....

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Actually, we're an all Honda family!

My husband's parents lived in occupied Holland (they were children). They remember well what it was like -- the hunger, the killings. And yet they drive German cars, visit Germany.... they've gotten on with things. I've visited the Verzetsmuseum (Dutch Resistance Museum) and the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, and yes, when you get that close to the stories you do feel fury. But you must remind yourself that that war is over.

I would imagine the people of Iraq have plenty of reason to be furious with the US -- like the neighbours of the girl who was raped and her whole family killed by US soldiers.
I was just kidding you about the Honda, as I remember you said you drove one!

i've been to the Anne Frank house too. i first read the book when I was in my early teens, and it felt surreal when I was inside her house.

i love Amsterdam - except for the graffiti!

i moved to Germany when I was 20. My mum was shocked (as her father had been killed by the Germans in France). She came over to visit twice though, and learned to love it!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:30 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
No...this is a P-51 Pink Bunny....cant see many Germans getting killed by this.
It'd fluckn well kill me sunshine
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:55 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
A date which will live in infamy?

Yes after the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, the Japanese Emperor was heard to say " Infamy, Infamy, yes the Americans have got it in for me..... Seriously though according to the BBC I seem to recall that the Japanese got the idea for the raid from a British attack on the Italians.
It was done pages ago do keep up!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:22 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I really wasn't into history. My main subjects in school were science and computers. So forgive me if I don't know everything. When I reach your age perhaps I'll know twice as much.
OMG - balls as well as brains! You gotta love this gril