Reload this Page >

Date of entry proof

Date of entry proof

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

alivin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Date of entry proof

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately I have been laid off and I need to prove to the employment my proof date of entry into the US. It's bloody stupid as I have been a permanent resident since 1991 and am now 48. I do not have my old passport and need to provide the date of entry to prove I did not need to register for the selective service.
Anyone have a suggestions ?
thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:34 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Date of entry proof

Hm. You might be able to prove the date that you were still living in the UK and thus show that you were over 26 at that time. Have you got any old paperwork from your time in the UK that would show you were still there in 1990?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alivin
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately I have been laid off and I need to prove to the employment my proof date of entry into the US. It's bloody stupid as I have been a permanent resident since 1991 and am now 48. I do not have my old passport and need to provide the date of entry to prove I did not need to register for the selective service.
Anyone have a suggestions ?
thanks.
Why is an employer interested in that? Even if you apply for naturalization after the age of 31, ICE isn't interested if you registered or not.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:32 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

It might be for unemployment benefits.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avanutria
It might be for unemployment benefits.
That is how I read it. I wonder what state though. I have never heard of this requirement before.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

alivin is an unknown quantity at this point

It's for training from the EDD, the head of training needs to prove I was not required to register for selective service as I entered the US after I was 26. She's being a real hard ass. My old passport is missing I have my current and green card.
She says I need a letter from the INS showing my date of entry.
I found the INS's website most unhelpful.

Last edited by alivin; Mar 24th 2011 at 12:03 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alivin
It's for training from the EDD, the head of training needs to prove I was not required to register for selective service as I entered the US after I was 26. She's being a real hard ass. My old passport is missing I have my current and green card.
She says I need a letter from the INS showing my date of entry.
I found the INS's website most unhelpful.
There is no such thing available from the INS (which doesn't even exist anymore).
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

any chance of getting something from the ss website?

does sound rather daft though...
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

They want you to prove a negative from 20 years ago? I'd get together as much evidence as you can (anything with dates on from your first job, maybe when you opened your bank account, if it's the same one, etc.) and if she's not satisfied ask to speak to someone else. Or is it possible to go to a different branch of the EDD so you'd get to deal with someone else without having to upset the first woman?

This link is to the requirements they're looking for (it goes directly to a pdf file). If you look at page 51 and the next few pages it has info that might help you. Or might not, but it might give you info to throw back a her.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Train...rwiad04-18.pdf

Last edited by Jscl; Mar 24th 2011 at 4:47 am. Reason: added link
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
There is no such thing available from the INS (which doesn't even exist anymore).
So for argurmrnents sake you should have, it was 20 years ago, so what?