Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Damaged passport... Help please!!

Damaged passport... Help please!!

Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

katej0203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Damaged passport... Help please!!

I am sending my passport renewal to London today, and have already paid for it online and got a US counter signature. However, I am set to travel to Asia (from the US) at the beginning if September, and am a little nervous about turn around time.

The website states it should take up to 4 weeks, in which case I should be ok, but has anyone found it taking longer recently? Does anyone think I should apply for an emergency one instead? My passport has been damaged, as my pet rabbit chewed off the corner : (

When sending it as normal to the UK office, I will send it next day courier. However, do I also need to include a return courier envelope? If so, how do I go about doing this, being that it is a different country/currency, etc for the return?

All advice and comments welcome, thank you!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 5:57 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damaged passport... Help please!!

they send the stuff back to you by courier - so you dont need to do the envelopes or anything.

They are facing LONG delays right now so you may want to take copies of everything and send it in - and then use the copies if you have not gotten the stuff back in time???