Reload this Page >

Damaged Passport

Damaged Passport

Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Raz2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Damaged Passport

Hi,

I have a British passport with a valid 10 year B2 visa in it. but one of my pages has been slightly ripped. I was thinking would this stop me from travelling to america? as i have a holiday booked for 2nd October.

if i was to apply for a new passport would i have to send the passport back in to get the stamp in my new passport?.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2013, 3:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damaged Passport

"slightly ripped"?

Regards, JEff
Old Sep 4th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

yes 2 pages where stuck togther and when i opened them up. one has slight ripped from the corner.

The page with my details and Visa on is fine.

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raz2012
yes 2 pages where stuck togther and when i opened them up. one has slight ripped from the corner.

The page with my details and Visa on is fine.

Thanks
My Passport is a mess, got put through the washing machine about 2 years ago. It looks like it too. I always get worried when having to travel but it has not caused me an issue yet.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

im just worrying that i go to the airport and they refuse me. I was thinking to apply for a new passport?. if i do will the visa in my old passport still be valid?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I think you would then carry both passports.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 5:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The page with my details and Visa on is fine. .....
As long as nothing has obviously been removed from the passport (the ripped bit, if missing, is too small to have carried a visa stamp or other official mark), then I doubt it is an issue.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

im just worrying that i go to the airport and they refuse me. I was thinking to apply for a new passport?. if i do will the visa in my old passport still be valid?
Yes it will still be valid, you just have to carry two passports with you when traveling into the US.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

That's good thanks. Going to apply for a new passport..

Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Going to apply for a new passport..
Unless the visa page itself is damaged, this is a complete waste of time, money, and effort.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 5th 2013 at 12:15 am.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Nope visa page is perfectly fine..
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nope visa page is perfectly fine..
So, no problem, and no need to replace your passport. Like Ian said replacing it is a complete waste of time and money. Save your money for something else.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

yes but what if i was to go and they said it had been tampered with.. I was in 221g admin proc for 2 years so dont want to take a risk really..
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... what if i was to go and they said it had been tampered with..
Don't confuse an accidently torn page with tampering... they're not the same! You mentioned the page was "slightly ripped"... that's not really a reason to worry!

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2013, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, I went today to the passport office to get my passport changed. She adviced me to change the pssport as the US is picky when it comes to the passport being in a good state.. She told me my visa would not be snipped and would be fine. So do I carry both passport when I go to the airport?. Will that be a problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.