Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dallas - Your Top 5 Pro's and Cons

Dallas - Your Top 5 Pro's and Cons

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:31 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dallas - Your Top 5 Pro's and Cons

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I don't know why you couldn't PM me .... I've been receiving PMs as per usual.
Yeah - it seems to be working now!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:10 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Debate what? That you're prejudiced and ignorant? Nothing to debate really.
Mainly ignorant. And stupid. Very, very stupid.

EDIT: ...and condescending. I knew I'd forgotten something.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:27 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Debate what? That you're prejudiced and ignorant? Nothing to debate really.
Oh please,stop being so emotional
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Oh please,stop being so emotional
That's me .... a quivering mound of raw emotions.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:26 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

That's me .... a quivering mound of raw emotions.
No not quivering but there is one part of your body that does move more than it should.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
No not quivering but there is one part of your body that does move more than it should.
Tell you what, sugarlump ..... I'll start being nicer when you start being smarter. But I won't hold my breath, hon.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:45 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Texas (Galveston) for work tomorrow. Should I be worried that it's full of nasty people?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:08 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by elfman
I'm going to Texas (Galveston) for work tomorrow. Should I be worried that it's full of nasty people?
You will have to surrender your car at the border. You will be required to ride around on the back of a pot bellied pig - we don't like no new fandangled driving machines scaring our livestock. Do not make eye contact with any people of color - if you are caught you will be hanged for consorting with the enemy. In fact - it's just best to shoot a black person as soon as you get here. You can then tie their carcass to the back of your pig mobile and you will be "in" with the locals. DO NOT bathe, use deodorant, brush your teeth or shave for 72 hours prior to arrival. We do not trust men that smell perfumy.... plus you will be shot for being a big fat homo. As a matter of fact it's best to just shoot a gay person up arrival - you can tie the gay carcass to the back of the black carcass that is tied to the back of your pig mobile - then we will elect you governor.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:38 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to surrender your car at the border. You will be required to ride around on the back of a pot bellied pig - we don't like no new fandangled driving machines scaring our livestock. Do not make eye contact with any people of color - if you are caught you will be hanged for consorting with the enemy. In fact - it's just best to shoot a black person as soon as you get here. You can then tie their carcass to the back of your pig mobile and you will be "in" with the locals. DO NOT bathe, use deodorant, brush your teeth or shave for 72 hours prior to arrival. We do not trust men that smell perfumy.... plus you will be shot for being a big fat homo. As a matter of fact it's best to just shoot a gay person up arrival - you can tie the gay carcass to the back of the black carcass that is tied to the back of your pig mobile - then we will elect you governor.
OK so a couple of practical questions:
1. What kind of choice do I have with regard to the gun I assume they'll issue me on arrival at the airport?
2. Do the carcass-dragging pigmobiles have decent trunk space and is there a hook to hang a suit? I'll be doing some survey work and going to a meeting while I'm there.
3. Is it a good thing to tell people that I'm in Texas doing work on behalf of that there fancy pants yankee Federal Guvmint?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:51 pm
WTF?

OK so a couple of practical questions:
1. What kind of choice do I have with regard to the gun I assume they'll issue me on arrival at the airport?
2. Do the carcass-dragging pigmobiles have decent trunk space and is there a hook to hang a suit? I'll be doing some survey work and going to a meeting while I'm there.
3. Is it a good thing to tell people that I'm in Texas doing work on behalf of that there fancy pants yankee Federal Guvmint?
Yes you will be issued a gun upon entry of the United States of Texas - However, if you speak in full sentences and act all high falutin they'll give you a girls gun and then laugh at you. Be manly!! Burp, fart and spill food down the front of your overalls - the overalls that they issue you at the border when they confiscate that gay homosexual suit you THINK you'll be wearing.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:38 pm
A lion in your lap

Yes you will be issued a gun upon entry of the United States of Texas - However, if you speak in full sentences and act all high falutin they'll give you a girls gun and then laugh at you. Be manly!! Burp, fart and spill food down the front of your overalls - the overalls that they issue you at the border when they confiscate that gay homosexual suit you THINK you'll be wearing.
but it's a plaid suit with a hubcab-sized belt buckle - is that still too lentil-eating Euro weeny?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:42 pm
WTF?

but it's a plaid suit with a hubcab-sized belt buckle - is that still too lentil-eating Euro weeny?
If you go to any fancy places ..... this would suit you:
Attached Thumbnails Dallas - Your Top 5 Pro's and Cons-boss_hogg.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:54 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mention you work for the carpetbaggers .... or revenuers.... cos that would make YOU a bigger target than the two you'll be dragging around.

Suit? It's gonna be HOT, boy. Best you wear those overalls but smarten them up by wearing a t-shirt underneath, okay?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:21 pm
A lion in your lap

If you go to any fancy places .....
Just a couple of observations to report following my brief trip to Texas:

1. Some of the beach houses on the west end of Galveston Island are HUMONGOUS. Simply unbelievable.
2. There seems to be no getting away from Fox News in TX: It was on everywhere: shops, restaurants, hotel lobby, the cafeteria in the office we went to for a meeting, and basically everywhere in Houston Hobby airport.

One more thing: I didn't see a single person wearing a cowboy hat. But I did see quite a few nodding donkey oilwells.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

2. There seems to be no getting away from Fox News in TX: It was on everywhere: shops, restaurants, hotel lobby, the cafeteria in the office we went to for a meeting, and basically everywhere in Houston Hobby airport.
That's how they brainwash people here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.