Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Daily English Newspapers in USA stores?

Daily English Newspapers in USA stores?

Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all
Default Re: Daily English Newspapers in USA stores?

Originally Posted by Lynne
Yes, it's tabloid size, but have lots of news in it. If you want, I can mail you a copy to look at. You can PM with your address if you like.
You are most kind! Thank you... But that is far too much trouble for you.. but I really appreciate the offer.

Looks like DC is the place to go for fresh newspapers! Mmmmm... can I drive that every morning?

Now - has anyone seen the weekly Grazia in any stores? The UK edition of Glamour is EASY to find for the wife...
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

Went to a Borders near me - they couldn't order it or get it from another Borders store... also called another Borders near the centre of Charlotte - no can do either.

Blah...

Big thanks to everyone for the help however and thanks muchly to Lynne for the kind offer
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:39 am
Just Joined

D4YTR1PPER is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that there is a shop called International News Stand or something on Independence that carries international newspapers - never tried it myself.

The Borders near me (Rea Road/485) does carry international newspapers in the magazine area but I think they are at least a week old. If you see someone sitting on the bench reading 4-4-2 magazine its probably me!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:16 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uktoamerica
Okay, so I get my daily fill of English Newspapers on PressDisplay... but I am really missing the "feel" of my English newspapers... yes, I miss my fav rag - The Daily Mail.

Seriously, has anyone found any UK newspapers printed on the day/day after in the USA? If so, in what cities? Especially if they are on the East Coast....

I live near Charlotte, NC - but I haven't seen any around here....

(Can you pick them up in New York? - I could always drive 12 bloody hours for my tabloid fix....mind you, the wife misses Grazia magazine too....)
BARNES & NOBLE
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all1863 is a name known to all

Probably not much use to you, but we get the US printed version of the Times here in NYC. Still haven't really got over the shock of commuting to work while reading about the previous night's football matches!

Shame they upped the price from $1 to $3
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:51 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

The NY version is what we get here in DC as well. It still has mostly UK advertisements. Not sure if they offer it by subscription in the US, but it would probably be cheaper than having it sent over from London.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by D4YTR1PPER
The Borders near me (Rea Road/485) does carry international newspapers in the magazine area but I think they are at least a week old. If you see someone sitting on the bench reading 4-4-2 magazine its probably me!!
Thanks for the tip - I went there and yes, there was a week old Daily Mail and Mail On Sunday! How fab...

Seriously folks - has anyone see Grazia - the UK weekly mag in USA stores? My wife is going mad trying to find it... As usual - I have called, phoned, visited as many Borders/B&N as I can but nothing yet....
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:03 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Bought the Independant and the Sunday Times at Heathrow yesterday, lasted from there to Seattle, about 12 hours or so ...Seattle Times sunday edition probably lasts about 1 to hour and a half...nuff said really.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously folks - has anyone see Grazia - the UK weekly mag in USA stores? My wife is going mad trying to find it... As usual - I have called, phoned, visited as many Borders/B&N as I can but nothing yet....
http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/stor...&id=15301&os=Y

how much do you love your wife? It's 5 quid an issue.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Bought the Independant and the Sunday Times at Heathrow yesterday, lasted from there to Seattle, about 12 hours or so ...Seattle Times sunday edition probably lasts about 1 to hour and a half...nuff said really.
Hey Kate. How are you?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Thanks for the tip - I went there and yes, there was a week old Daily Mail and Mail On Sunday! How fab...

Sounds like an S.A. friend of mine. She's lived here for YEARS but still gets her fav mag sent over from there - costs and arm and a leg in postage and is months behind but she doesn't care. lol
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate...I didn't recognise your avatar...welcome back.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:48 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi Kate...I didn't recognise your avatar...welcome back.
Thanks Jersey Wish I were still there
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

don't we all
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.