Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Dad UK/Mom USA.

Dad UK/Mom USA.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dad UK/Mom USA.

Originally Posted by franc11s
.........getting him "recognised" as a citizen, if we end up going to war with Iran or worse... he called get called up for Service. (I think it's from aged 18...?). Chances are slim. Chances are "zero" for non-us "citizens".
Point of order, Sir: chances are "zero" for non-US citizens NOT living in the US...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonydignity
Thanx DBJ for levelling the playing field,I guess you wont tolerate bad manners,caustic comment, irrassible replies.:and perish the thought everyone should think ill of me ,so in humility and after much feverish contemplation , I want to apolagise to all the other twats on this thread , there Ive said it save me having to think it behind your backs. Now how about you allowing me to be who I am.You dont have to like me , just love me enough to share your experience of INS.or not
I have never dealt with INS, they ceased to be quite a few years ago.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:42 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx DBJ for levelling the playing field,I guess you wont tolerate bad manners,caustic comment, irrassible replies.:and perish the thought everyone should think ill of me ,so in humility and after much feverish contemplation , I want to apolagise to all the other twats on this thread , there Ive said it save me having to think it behind your backs. Now how about you allowing me to be who I am.You dont have to like me , just love me enough to share your experience of INS.or not
Tosser. You've been given every bit of information and advice that you need to answer your questions.

The fact that you've simply insulted the people who did most to help you with your questions should remind us all that some people just don't deserve the help they demand.

...or you're a Troll. Either way, you're a tosser.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

tonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nice

Get over yourself ,
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:56 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Tosser. You've been given every bit of information and advice that you need to answer your questions.

The fact that you've simply insulted the people who did most to help you with your questions should remind us all that some people just don't deserve the help they demand.

...or you're a Troll. Either way, you're a tosser.
I vote that he's a lazy troll. He has been given direct links to the specific information he's seeking and then turns around and acts like a total asshole.

What gives me joy is the fact even though this information is at his fingertips, he obviously lacks the ability to be proactive, do a little reading and actually do anything for himself. He even admitted that he needed to be spoon-fed. Only now he has burned whatever bridge he had going here. Why should we help someone who treats people like crap and talks in circles?

~ Jenney
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

tonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nicetonydignity is just really nice

Many thanks for your latest opinion Jenney. Now its time for me to level a measured response to you all .Some of you have been most helpful ,for which I thank you most sincerely, while there are always the others from the peanut gallery ,to those I will reply with my own brand of humour before Easter.
In the meantime perhaps a saucer of Milk
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:51 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'll bite...

Ultimately, what it comes down to is that we're over here, enjoying ourselves and you're stuck over there.

If I may quote you and tweak it slightly, "Get over it".
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Nice one Octang, Now you know what a lazy good for nothing twat tosser,I am !, but what kind of british ex pat name is that!. Its Bananas to the likes of me.A biker, mechanic perhaps.
Heres a qoute ,the sentiments of which refer equally to the colonies,
When asked if he liked London, Michael Caine's Vietnam-residing character said in the movie, The Silent American, "I do, but I like it just where it is. I don't want to bloody go there.".

It's a double-edged sword mate I like the US where it is but I dont want to bloody go there.I want a birthright for my boy. I'm of the group that avoids British 'pubs' and American Hamburger Joints when abroad and feel uncomfortable partly because I'm searching for authenticity , not familiarty and partly because expat Brits who flock together are often a peculiar mix of drink laden depressives or characters copied of some bloody soap opera perish the thought any of you fine people fit that stereotype.
No, I have ties with the US, but no fire in my belly to step ashore there again, besides I loath the journey having made it 40 or so times.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:33 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Octang, Now you know what a lazy good for nothing twat tosser,I am !, but what kind of british ex pat name is that!. Its Bananas to the likes of me.A biker, mechanic perhaps.
Heres a qoute ,the sentiments of which refer equally to the colonies,
When asked if he liked London, Michael Caine's Vietnam-residing character said in the movie, The Silent American, "I do, but I like it just where it is. I don't want to bloody go there.".

It's a double-edged sword mate I like the US where it is but I dont want to bloody go there.I want a birthright for my boy. I'm of the group that avoids British 'pubs' and American Hamburger Joints when abroad and feel uncomfortable partly because I'm searching for authenticity , not familiarty and partly because expat Brits who flock together are often a peculiar mix of drink laden depressives or characters copied of some bloody soap opera perish the thought any of you fine people fit that stereotype.
No, I have ties with the US, but no fire in my belly to step ashore there again, besides I loath the journey having made it 40 or so times.
Awaiting your progress report, Tone. More action and less yapping, please!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Awaiting your progress report, Tone. More action and less yapping, please!
Filed yet?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:50 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Filed yet?
Nope -- will e-file at the last minute.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:57 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nope -- will e-file at the last minute.
Good luck with that!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Dad UK/Mom USA.

You are right of course , more action less yapping is what I need to do. OK will let u know , the outcome of my attempts to get this sorted with the embassy at London.
Have a good Easter folks .Dont forget to keep a low profile 4th July.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:06 am

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Octang, Now...............I'm of the group that avoids British 'pubs' and American Hamburger Joints when abroad and feel uncomfortable partly because I'm searching for authenticity , not familiarty and partly because expat Brits who flock together are often a peculiar mix of drink laden depressives or characters copied of some bloody soap opera ...................again, besides I loath the journey having made it 40 or so times.
I'd agree with your first point about Pubs in the US..........as for the second one about expats flocking together over a bottle.................only ever met very few expats here and they tend to be as "loners" in the US - they might know one or two others, but groups flocking together?? Now I can see it in a Holiday setting.......but living here? that would be quite interesting to see.........probably disturbing.
........and before you ask, several years and several regions.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
I'd agree with your first point about Pubs in the US..........as for the second one about expats flocking together over a bottle.................only ever met very few expats here and they tend to be as "loners" in the US - they might know one or two others, but groups flocking together?? Now I can see it in a Holiday setting.......but living here? that would be quite interesting to see.........probably disturbing.
........and before you ask, several years and several regions.
Only seen it once around here.

Unless you count World Cup, and that was sort of accidental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.