Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

D-day is getting closer and NO visa.

D-day is getting closer and NO visa.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 7:01 am
Just Joined

mr_eagle6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default D-day is getting closer and NO visa.

Hi guy's and gal's.

I have a few questions, my wedding date is getting closer day by day, but still NO visa.

What can we do ? There is NO way that I can send back all the invetations and let the print again on a later day. Maybe instead of war on Iraq they should look into processing their visa's a bit faster. .
So if any of you would know a solution please write me.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:13 pm
Dabear?

Default Re: D-day is getting closer and NO visa.

I am not giving you hell, but why would you make all of these plans for a wedding
when you do not have the visa in your hand. This is the government that we are
talking about, them having something done on time is one of the wonders of the world.

mr_eagle6 wrote:

> Hi guy's and gal's.
    > I have a few questions, my wedding date is getting closer day by day, but still
    > NO visa.
    > What can we do ? There is NO way that I can send back all the invetations and let
    > the print again on a later day. Maybe instead of war on Iraq they should look into
    > processing their visa's a bit faster. . So if any of you would know a solution
    > please write me.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 10th 2002, 6:10 am
Mrtravel

You have a 9 month window to get married AFTER getting the visa...... The visa is
good 6 months to enter the US, and you have to get married within 3 months after
entering. So, that seems like enough time to invite people to a wedding.

What can you do? Tell people NOT to buy plane tickets to go to the wedding until you
have a date. (pardon the pun)

mr_eagle6 wrote:
    > Hi guy's and gal's.
    > I have a few questions, my wedding date is getting closer day by day, but still
    > NO visa.
    > What can we do ? There is NO way that I can send back all the invetations and let
    > the print again on a later day. Maybe instead of war on Iraq they should look into
    > processing their visa's a bit faster. . So if any of you would know a solution
    > please write me.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 10th 2002, 11:45 pm
Gardener

The previous post is in error. The K-1 Visa is good for 6 months, meaning you have
that much time to enter the US. Once in the US, you have a maximum of 3 months to
remain here and get married, as long as the 6 month rule is not violated. It doesn't
matter if you arrive on day 1 -- you MUST get married within 3 months, or leave the
country. If you arrive in the US, say, in month 5, you have but one month to marry.
Plan your marriage accordingly!

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> You have a 9 month window to get married AFTER getting the visa...... The visa is
    > good 6 months to enter the US, and you have to get married within 3 months after
    > entering. So, that seems like enough time to invite people to a wedding.
    > What can you do? Tell people NOT to buy plane tickets to go to the wedding until
    > you have a date. (pardon the pun)
    > mr_eagle6 wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi guy's and gal's.
    > >
    > > I have a few questions, my wedding date is getting closer day by day, but still
    > > NO visa.
    > >
    > > What can we do ? There is NO way that I can send back all the invetations and let
    > > the print again on a later day. Maybe instead of war on Iraq they should look
    > > into processing their visa's a bit faster. . So if any of you would know a
    > > solution please write me.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 11th 2002, 12:31 am
Mrtravel

gardener wrote:
    > The previous post is in error. The K-1 Visa is good for 6 months, meaning you have
    > that much time to enter the US. Once in the US, you have a maximum of 3 months to
    > remain here and get married, as long as the 6 month rule is not violated. It
    > doesn't matter if you arrive on day 1 -- you MUST get married within 3 months, or
    > leave the country. If you arrive in the US, say, in month 5, you have but one month
    > to marry. Plan your marriage accordingly!

No.. you are WRONG... the visa is valid for 6 months. That means you have 6 months to
enter the US. At the POE, you will get your I-94 validated for 3 months.

Old Sep 13th 2002, 5:18 pm
Gardener

A retraction is in order. After verifying with a Moderator of another Visa website,
I conclude that "MrTravel" is correct!

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > gardener wrote:
    > >
    > > The previous post is in error. The K-1 Visa is good for 6 months, meaning you
    > > have that much time to enter the US. Once in the US, you have a maximum of 3
    > > months to remain here and get married, as long as the 6 month rule is not
    > > violated. It doesn't matter if you arrive on day 1 -- you MUST get married
    > > within 3 months, or leave the country. If you arrive in the US, say, in month 5,
    > > you have but one month to marry. Plan your marriage accordingly!
    > No.. you are WRONG... the visa is valid for 6 months. That means you have 6 months
    > to enter the US. At the POE, you will get your I-94 validated for 3 months.