Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The cute things kids say

The cute things kids say

Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default The cute things kids say

While we were at the store today my hubby and I were over heard a conversation between a kid (about 3) and her mother... kid: why do we need that? (char coal)
mother: its for the barbecue
kid: Barbie who?

Years ago my mum picked up my brother from nursey (kinder garden) were they had just had story time...the teacher had read the Gingerbread Man to them... any how after she had picked him up her and my aunt and brother went shopping and decided to stop off for lunch at a little cafe.. my brother kept watching the waiter (a asian indian) looking very puzzled... five mins later he stands up on his chair and before my mother could get him down he is yelling... looka looka looka mummy its the gingerbread man. She still hasn't let him forget how embarrassed she was.

Also a while back Bassets did a promotion with the Licorice Allsorts... you had to collect tokens from the back of the packs and mail them in for a free Berty Bassett soft toy. Woolworths had a huge blow up Berty Bassett for the promotion... so my aunt takes my cousin to woolworths and she walks through the shop pointing up at berty 'shouting mummy can I have a dirty bastard man'?

What cute things have you heard kids say?

Ash
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:25 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's the time that my twin girls, aged about 3, started giggling wildly when my food was served in a restaurant we'd taken them to for lunch. My lunch was bangers and mash.

I asked what was so funny and rather than respond directly, Zoe put on her loudest, most grown-up voice and exclaimed "Mummy, look! There's a huge willy on Daddy's plate!". Silence descended on the restaurant...
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:27 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...or the time that our other twin, Freya, was eating her packed lunch at school. We had been in the US for about two months at this point. Her lunch consisted of a cheese sandwich, some baby carrots and some fruit.

Her teach came over and asked "Freya, are you vegetarian?"... to which Freya responded "No!!! Mummy says we're English"
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:58 pm
ElsieTheMaid

My son was about 4 1/2 and we were sitting in a quiet restaurant in Floriday having breakfast. My friend, trying to be funny, said to my son, "hey Connor, your butt is broken, it has a crack in it" and loud as can be, my son said "NO, THAT'S WHERE THE POOP COMES OUT"

Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:02 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ElsieTheMaid
My son was about 4 1/2 and we were sitting in a quiet restaurant in Floriday having breakfast. My friend, trying to be funny, said to my son, "hey Connor, your butt is broken, it has a crack in it" and loud as can be, my son said "NO, THAT'S WHERE THE POOP COMES OUT"
I guess the above is an example of not trying to a "wiseass" when dealing with kids because the initiator may end up with "egg on their face"!

The comment is in jest, not a criticism of Elsie's friend.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:50 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

The subject makes me think of a story I told my husband a few days ago, about something I did when I was little. My hubbie told me if a 5 year old said this to him in the same situation, he'd probably be laughing for hours

When I was about 5 years old, my Dad had made some homemade tapioca pudding. I asked him what he was eating, and he said here, try some. Then, he asked if I liked the pudding. Now, when I was little I threw up all the time...so, thinking of the lumpiness of the tapioca, I took his question very literally and said: "It tastes like throw-up." I must have been quite a little munster when I was small.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:06 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000
...or the time that our other twin, Freya, was eating her packed lunch at school. We had been in the US for about two months at this point. Her lunch consisted of a cheese sandwich, some baby carrots and some fruit.

Her teach came over and asked "Freya, are you vegetarian?"... to which Freya responded "No!!! Mummy says we're English"
Reminds me of something my husband's nephew (aged 5) said the other day. My daughter and I (both vegetarian) were chatting away and he said he couldn't understand what we were saying. "You're vegetarians, that's why you don't talk right!" He said! Of course, the only English people he knows are my daughter and I, and he must think that "vegetarian" means "English!

Debbie
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I was getting ready for work the other day, putting on make up. My 4 year old daughter said to me - "You look beautiful Mummy, no one will guess you weren't beautiful before".