British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Current wait time for UK passport renewal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/current-wait-time-uk-passport-renewal-938359/)

Blanca Sep 10th 2021 1:31 am

Re: Current wait time for UK passport renewal

Could anyone please advise me: how did you ship your passport from US to UK? I was thinking USPS and went to the Post office today to do it but then had second thoughts and came home with it thinking maybe I should use UPS or FedEx. I am in Florida and want to make sure it will be securely delivered to UK. One more thing: my cost was around £105 is that normal cost? 86 plus shipping. And how was your new passport delivered to you? Which courier? Thank you so much

kodokan Sep 10th 2021 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Blanca (Post 13049824)
Could anyone please advise me: how did you ship your passport from US to UK? I was thinking USPS and went to the Post office today to do it but then had second thoughts and came home with it thinking maybe I should use UPS or FedEx. I am in Florida and want to make sure it will be securely delivered to UK. One more thing: my cost was around £105 is that normal cost? 86 plus shipping. And how was your new passport delivered to you? Which courier? Thank you so much

I sent mine FedEx, on their fully signed for service - worth the additional cost once a decade. Can’t remember the exact cost, but it was under $100 to send. Yes, that’s the usual UK passport renewal fee plus shipping that you paid online.

They return it using DHL, on a signed-for service. There was an option to change the delivery date if the one they notified me about didn’t work, but I was going to be home that day, so don’t quite recall the details about that. I think there was an option to maybe auto sign it online, and accept the risk of it being left.

newadventure Oct 27th 2021 4:54 pm

Recent application for information:
30 Aug 2021 - applied online
31 Aug - sent old passport back via USPS $25
23 Sep - HM passport office received passport
13 Oct - approved
14 Oct - being returned...now it gets fun:
19 Oct - DHL express let me know it will be delivered today. Signature required, so stay in all day. No delivery.
20 Oct - Online tracking shows passport delivered yesterday and signed for by me! Try to contact number given, local office, online, anywhere. Impossible to speak to anyone
20 Oct - Passport delivered and left on my porch. No signature requested. Lodge complaint
21 Oct - text from DHL - sending driver back to recover passport and redeliver correctly.
22 Oct - text from DHL - they are waiting for a response from the driver
25 Oct - spoke to DHL. The passport has been delivered to the wrong address so driver is going to pick up and redeliver
25 Oct text from DHL. Very sorry, passport cannot be recovered. Please take this up with the sender