Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

current vermont service centre timelines for the I-129f?

current vermont service centre timelines for the I-129f?

Old May 8th 2002, 10:05 pm
abi
Forum Regular

abi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default current vermont service centre timelines for the I-129f?

I hear that Vermont is the fastest at processing these applications but I have recently read that they now have a new procedure in place that will mean the processing times are extended by a month or so. Is this correct? I have tried to look up a timeline site but it was last updated in march so I am now unsure what the status is on their timelines. Has anyone recently had an approval from Vermont regarding their I-129f petition and how long did that approval take? I am hoping to be in the US end of July to be with my fiance but now I am thinking this may well not be the case. Any advice or info would be much appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Old May 9th 2002, 3:20 am
Just Me

Default Re: current vermont service centre timelines for the I-129f?

Abi:

To tell you the truth, I don't know what the truth is. It seems it depends on who
gets them right now. I called the VSC just today and they gave me this long schpiel
about how some people are in training to process petitions with the new rules.

I did some checking and see that some people who files their petitions after me are
already approved. I see some who have receipt dates od April 11 , April 1, and March
29 and they are already approved. My receipt date is March 28 and I'm still waiting.
Be patient they tell me while my fiance is crying on the phone because a freind of
hers who's fiance filed the petition after me is all done(Visa and everything) and
boarding a plane next week to come to the US.

Today is day 43 for me(still waiting while my fiance cries). and my fiances freinds
petition was approved in 17 days.

Good luck.

They will be speeding up soon. I hope.

Bob

Old May 9th 2002, 9:20 am
Richard Sun

I filed my I-130 at the VSC and in the past it was super fast, but times have
changed, I hope that after they have training that things will get back to the way it
was before.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 9th 2002, 9:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Just Me
Abi:

To tell you the truth, I don't know what the truth is. It seems it depends on who
gets them right now. I called the VSC just today and they gave me this long schpiel
about how some people are in training to process petitions with the new rules.

Today is day 43 for me(still waiting while my fiance cries). and my fiances freinds
petition was approved in 17 days.
Bob
What timeframe is on the first NOA that was sent to you. If you have exceeded that by a mile, then contact your local political rep's immigration liaison and have then inquire for you. It sounds more like your application has been lost in the shuffle. Vermont is typically 15-21 days and even with a month added for new procedures you are over the limit

Rita
Old May 9th 2002, 2:20 pm
Just Me

> What timeframe is on the first NOA that was sent to you. If you have exceeded that
    > by a mile, then contact your local political rep's immigration liaison and have
    > then inquire for you. It sounds more like your application has been lost in the
    > shuffle. Vermont is typically 15-21 days and even with a month added for new
    > procedures you are over the limit
    >
    > Rita
    >
Rita:

mailed the petition March 22 First NOA date March 28. Received first NOA in mail
Aprilt 2 It says 30 to75 days but other people with NOA dates weeks after mine are
already approved.

They told me they were being done by receipt date but it seems thats not true.

I asked them if it's possible they lost it and they said ooohhh nnoooo it's not lost.
They told me to be patient and wait. How can I be patient when other petitions are
being processed ahead of mine? I'm afraid to contact my political liason because
others who have done that get no satisfaction. Only longer waiting. It seems to make
INS officers mad when people do that.

Bob

Old May 9th 2002, 3:20 pm
Zik

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just Me wrote:
    > > Abi: To tell you the truth, I don't know what the truth is. It seems it depends
    > > on who gets them right now. I called the VSC just today and they gave me this
    > > long schpiel about how some people are in training to process petitions with
    > > the new rules. Today is day 43 for me(still waiting while my fiance cries). and
    > > my fiances freinds petition was approved in 17 days. Bob
    >
    >
    >
    > What timeframe is on the first NOA that was sent to you. If you have exceeded that
    > by a mile, then contact your local political rep's immigration liaison and have
    > then inquire for you. It sounds more like your application has been lost in the
    >
    > Rita

I don't know if the issue here is about a lost petition... looking at this
URL:http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php4 there are 2 petitions that are over
40 days, My Fiancee's petition is 59 days, and there is another petition which
is 37 days now.

i don't think those are all lost petitions, beside that every person who has been
experiencing those delays, like My fiancee, Dawn, and Bob. they called INS and it was
the same reply from INS : sit tight and Wait, everything in your application looks
normal. I am more inclined to believe that this is a delay due to the new rules than
to the loss of application.

Zik

Vinnie

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just Me wrote:
    > > Abi: To tell you the truth, I don't know what the truth is. It seems it depends
    > > on who gets them right now. I called the VSC just today and they gave me this
    > > long schpiel about how some people are in training to process petitions with
    > > the new rules. Today is day 43 for me(still waiting while my fiance cries). and
    > > my fiances freinds petition was approved in 17 days. Bob
    >
    >
    >

Hi. I received my I-129F approval on May 1st. i sent in the petition on March 16th.
I received a Notice of Action on March 23rd. It took longer than I expected. I had
my congressman's (Ted Kennedy)office inquire for me about my case and 2 days later I
was approved. Hope this helps. Good luck. Be patient. everything will be OK.
    >
    > Rita

Just Me

Zik:

Yes I think your right but why are others with NOA dates after mine being approved
one after the other? The spacifically told me the new rules say they must do each
petition in order of receipt date. I don't understand why one petition takes only
three weeks while others wait. Why others get to go ahead of the line. My fiance is
from Indonesia. Could this be a factor?

Bob

> > Rita
    >
    > I don't know if the issue here is about a lost petition... looking at this
    > URL:http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php4 there are 2 petitions that are over 40
    > days, My Fiancee's petition is 59 days, and there is another petition which is 37
    > days now.
    >
    > i don't think those are all lost petitions, beside that every person who has been
    > experiencing those delays, like My fiancee, Dawn, and Bob. they called INS and it
    > was the same reply from INS : sit tight and Wait, everything in your application
    > looks normal. I am more inclined to believe that this is a delay due to the new
    > rules than to the loss of application.
    >
    > Zik

Old May 9th 2002, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

dawnqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I agree with Bob. I could not wait any more... I am thinking writing to my local rep. see what he can do for me and maybe at the same time send a letter to the VSC center director to see why other people could get approved ahead of me when my case is so simple (My fiance and me are schoolmate from Junior and Senior High School and we never been in a marriage... we simply just want to be together as fast as possible, and that is why i choose to file a k1 petition) Why anyone would delay such a simple case?

Me too, do not know if contacting my local rep. is a good move or not and i am also sort of afraid by me doing this will make this approval even longer...

Dawn
Old May 9th 2002, 10:20 pm
Vitali Korobov

Dawnque,

I have contacted my congressman after VSC has been jerking me around for months. In
my experience contacting my congressman did not do anything, except my case was
shifted to Congressional Liaison Office (CLO). After that you can't even get the
status of your application calling VSC - they refer you to your congressman. When I
called VSC, they told me to contact CLO, if I want to get any status information.
When I called the CLO, I was told to never call them again, they cannot talk to me,
since I am not a congressman, and I should call my congressman, if I want to know
anything about the status of my case, or what I could do to speed it up. Does this
all mean that all the cases transferred to the CLO become inaccessible through the
general Information Officer computers? I do not know. Senator Hillary Clinton did not
do anything, other than saying she got my letter.

The only thing that helped tremendously was contacting the Service Center Operations
Division. This office apparantly supervises the operations of ALL dis-Service
Centers, as I call them. I got their number and called, and than sent a letter with
particulars of my case. My K-1 application was approved 2 days after that. To my
knowledge that seems to be the only thing that can help. I hope this helps you decide
whether to contact your local reps or not. Good luck.

"dawnqiu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I agree with Bob. I could not wait any more... I am thinking writing to my local
    > rep. see what he can do for me and maybe at the same time send a letter to the VSC
    > center director to see why other people could get approved ahead of me when my case
    > is so simple (My fiance and me are schoolmate from Junior and Senior High School
    > and we never been in a marriage... we simply just want to be together as fast as
    > possible, and that is why i choose to file a k1 petition) Why anyone would delay
    > such a simple case?
    >
    > Me too, do not know if contacting my local rep. is a good move or not and i am also
    > sort of afraid by me doing this will make this approval even longer...
    >
    > Dawn
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 10th 2002, 11:20 am
Zik

"Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] et>...
    > Zik:
    >
    > Yes I think your right but why are others with NOA dates after mine being approved
    > one after the other? The spacifically told me the new rules say they must do each
    > petition in order of receipt date. I don't understand why one petition takes only
    > three weeks while others wait. Why others get to go ahead of the line. My fiance is
    > from Indonesia. Could this be a factor?
    >
    > Bob
    >

your Fiancee nationality could also be a source of delay, i am from Lebanon and
experiencing delays and our application has been received since March 11, but also in
our case i was on a J1 Visa and was subject to a rule that require me to go back to
the home country for 2 years, i received my waiver for those 2 years on March 28 so
this could have added more delay. we just can't tell what is going within INS and
what are the causes of those delays. i think contacting congressman might at least
give you answers, i think it's a step that should be done. i know that Jennifer will
do so next week.

good luck

Zik

Old May 10th 2002, 12:20 pm
Just Me

Zik:

Thanx for the advice. It might be a good idea to contact the congressman. However,
neither of our cases are past the projected time on the receipt. I think a move like
that would be more prudent when our cases are still pending beyond the receipt date.
I have seen postings in this group as well as others where people who have contacted
the congressman received either no results or negative results. Once you contact the
congressman liason, an INS officer won't even speak with you anymore. They will tell
you to speak with your congressman liason. If you try to contact your congressman
liason, they will tell you not to call them. I think at this point, the best thing to
do is write an appologetic letter to the INS operations officer and hope they are
willing to listen. In your case being from Lebanon might be an issue and it could
very well be an issue for me since my fiance is from Indonesia. However, my father
who is desceesed for 5 years now was using my SSI number in less than admirable
manners. I spent a number of years cleaning that up but I may have missed something.
I just never know when a big red flag will pop up when my name is entered into an
information system somehwere.

In any case, I will probably have to go back to Indonesia before it has been 3 months
since I have seen her. Her family is very strict about that rule and I don't blame
them. Neither me nor my business can afford that but I love her.

Thanx again

Bob

Old May 10th 2002, 7:20 pm
Zik

"Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] et>...
    > Zik:
    >
    > Thanx for the advice. It might be a good idea to contact the congressman. However,
    > neither of our cases are past the projected time on the receipt. I think a move
    > like that would be more prudent when our cases are still pending beyond the receipt
    > date. I have seen postings in this group as well as others where people who have
    > contacted the congressman received either no results or negative results. Once you
    > contact the congressman liason, an INS officer won't even speak with you anymore.
    > They will tell you to speak with your congressman liason. If you try to contact
    > your congressman liason, they will tell you not to call them. I think at this
    > point, the best thing to do is write an appologetic letter to the INS operations
    > officer and hope they are willing to listen. In your case being from Lebanon might
    > be an issue and it could very well be an issue for me since my fiance is from
    > Indonesia. However, my father who is desceesed for 5 years now was using my SSI
    > number in less than admirable manners. I spent a number of years cleaning that up
    > but I may have missed something. I just never know when a big red flag will pop up
    > when my name is entered into an information system somehwere.
    >
    > In any case, I will probably have to go back to Indonesia before it has been 3
    > months since I have seen her. Her family is very strict about that rule and I don't
    > blame them. Neither me nor my business can afford that but I love her.
    >
    > Thanx again
    >
    > Bob

going to see your fiancee should put off the worries for sometime... i will be going
home in few weeks, and jennifer will join me there so that's a relief. i'm just
hoping we will get approved by then..

one thing i would like to know: what can the Congressmen do, i mean what is their
capacity?? do they get told things we don't know?? My fiancee jennifer was telling me
that she's not expecting much.... Rita, Alvena and others always advise contacting
the political representative, i wish they can shed some light on why USC should do
so, and what should be written in the letter or email sent to the Congressman?

cheers

Zik

Old May 10th 2002, 9:20 pm
Just Me

Zik:

To tell you the truth, I don't know. All I know is I've seen people posting in this
group saying they contacted their congressmen and got no results and to make things
worse, the INS officers wouldn't even talk to them anymore. I mean litteraly, they
were told "you contacted your liason, All your dealings are with them now. Thank you
by." I wouldn't call the your congressman until your past the date on your first NOA.
I would first try contacting the Operations Director before that though. But not
before the number of days on your first NOA is past.

I was just told by someone that they don't descriminate based on nationality. They
just sometimes get lost and found weeks later.

All I can say is good luck and i'm right here waiting on day 44.

Bob

Old May 10th 2002, 10:20 pm
Jim Battista

[email protected] (zik) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > one thing i would like to know: what can the Congressmen do, i mean what is their
    > capacity?? do they get told things we don't know??

Well, some of it is no doubt just experience.

But the real deal is that Congress pays the bills of the INS. If INS cheezes off
Congress *enough*, they can find themselves partially defunded or, worse, sacrificed
to Senator Byrd and told to move to West Virginia. Ditto most federal bureaucracies.

INS and State (mostly the passport side) both deal with so enough congressional
requests that they have processing facilities set up to deal with only that.

INS *is* supposed to be less responsive than a lot of agencies.

> My fiancee jennifer was telling me that she's not expecting much.... Rita, Alvena
    > and others always advise contacting the political representative, i wish they can
    > shed some light on why USC should do so,

Because the MC (or more accurately his/her staff) has a big stick to beat on INS (and
State and the VA and Social Security and...) with.

> and what should be written in the letter or email sent to the Congressman?

Dear Rep/Sen, I'm trying to get married and INS is *whatever stoopid thing they're
doing*. Can you please find a way to make them stop?

Short and to the point. They get lots of these, and most all go straight to staffers.
Include numbers, filing dates, etc etc.

--
James S. Coleman Battista Dept. of Political Science, Univ. of North Texas
[email protected] (940)565-4960 TEST-- Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering? I
think so, Brain, but there's still a bug stuck in here from last time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.