Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Jun 17th 2021, 1:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

So, if this comes to pass, what, I wonder, will that mean for people whose travel originates in the US rather than the UK, esp British citizens if they are to be put in a special category.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...nder-new-plans
Old Jun 17th 2021, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by classicmds
Flew AA Phily to LHR overnight. Plane about 1/4 full. Everyone got row to themselves. Complimentary wine for everyone. Not sure if this is how AA spends federal bailout money, or if they needed to get rid of it as mot enough business customers! LHR immigration at 7.30am took about 30 minutes. Most people ushered to egates. No-one checked my covid test or passenger locator form, but airline had checked at checkin and at gate, so perhaps associated with passport already? London seemed v. quiet at rush hour.
Wine, beer & spirits have been included in the price for all classes of travel for Transatlantic flights for quite some time.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Thanks for the update. I wonder if they will check up on your whereabouts. I've heard everything from "no sign of them" to "people actually turned up at the door to look at me". I'll quarantine anyway of course, if that's what's required when I do go. Most likely at my sister's house because she has a back garden. I'll take that 1/4 full plane though.
My daughter has received calls each day thus far - on the first day her Nan (used her mobile number as the contact) declined the call thinking it was spam. They called back again later.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

So, if this comes to pass, what, I wonder, will that mean for people whose travel originates in the US rather than the UK, esp British citizens if they are to be put in a special category.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...nder-new-plans
The current rules apply to all arrivals, regardless of residency or citizenship. I'd imagine the same would apply if they go down this road, so anyone who has two jabs of a UK certified vaccine would be able to bypass the isolation and extended testing.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

classicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
Wine, beer & spirits have been included in the price for all classes of travel for Transatlantic flights for quite some time.
Guess I haven't travelled for a couple of years; for a long time I thought it was only BA that did this. To be honest, I shouldn't have had the wine, as it didn't sit well with me when I utilized my whole row to lay down (for anyone that has ever thought - wouldn't it be nice to lay down on a whole row, I ended up thinking it would probably have been more comfortable to stay upright...)

Last edited by classicmds; Jun 17th 2021 at 4:02 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

classicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update. I wonder if they will check up on your whereabouts. I've heard everything from "no sign of them" to "people actually turned up at the door to look at me". I'll quarantine anyway of course, if that's what's required when I do go. Most likely at my sister's house because she has a back garden. I'll take that 1/4 full plane though.
I'll let you know. No sign of anyone yet by phone or in person.. I keep scanning out the front window expecting someone to arrive!
Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'll let you know. No sign of anyone yet by phone or in person.. I keep scanning out the front window expecting someone to arrive!

My BIL calls them "the gestapo". Mind you, he calls traffic wardens "the gestapo" too.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

I've now got my eye on a seagull on the neighbour's roof. It's looking right at me. I think it might be a drone.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 4:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've now got my eye on a seagull on the neighbour's roof. It's looking right at me. I think it might be a drone.
Offer it a chip, you'll soon find out
Old Jun 17th 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Offer it a chip, you'll soon find out

It'll eat the chip and then shoot a tracking device into your neck, like a poisoned dart.

Then you'll start buying Microsoft products for no reason that you can explain.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russet

Before we left we also purchased a box of 6 Abbots BINAXNOW COVID 19 home testing kits online ($150 plus del) and have brought them with us. We have not used them yet but need to download an app and undertake the test on a telehealth call. Results to be used for entry back into the US. We decided on this option once we realized how expensive the UK approved pre departure tests are, especially as there is 4 of us. Will update on the process on our return.
Thanks for very useful info on BinaxNOW - Which airline are you using to return to the US? I can see United and AA have information on their respective websites that specifically addresses this test. I am traveling BA and although there shouldn't be an issue as this test is CDC approved. I am always worried BA hasn't caught on yet- I have an email to them and hopefully some answers- Thanks again.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

‘Reasonable’ chance travel between UK and US could resume by September, US Covid expert Dr Anthony Fauci tells ITV News

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-16/...tells-itv-news
Old Jun 18th 2021, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

And now this:
'Bull----': Frustrations boil after U.S., Canada extend border closure for at least another month
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...closure-495165

There's no chance that the US would open up to EU/UK before Canada.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 8:11 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
And now this:
'Bull----': Frustrations boil after U.S., Canada extend border closure for at least another month
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...closure-495165

There's no chance that the US would open up to EU/UK before Canada.
I would not assign a 0 “chance”… the article clearly mentions vaccination rates… and reading between the lines it is Canada who is lagging vaccinations. I think there is an greater than 0 “chance” that the US could open up to a country with high vaccination rates other than Canada before Canada if they a lagging behind. That said the US has the problem that while it is doing well with average % the distribution is not uniform geographically, meaning we will likely see “hot spots” in some US states.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how you look at it. Canada has more 1st vaccines than the USA however is behind the USA on 2nd vaccines.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.