Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old May 28th 2021, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Well, the evidence suggests they could (I didn't say they would) - as an example, Germany is currently at Level 4 Do Not Travel whereas the UK is at Level 3 Reconsider Travel, the primary difference between the two advisories being the level of Covid Threat as rated by the CDC.

I love that the USA seems to rate most of the world as a threat for terrorism - never mind the Gun related homicides in Country. I very much doubt your risk of death increases by visiting any Country in the EU or the UK through terrorist related activities vs the risk of death by cooking your dinner every day.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 12:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

No joy from the UK government today for USA/UK travel.

And no additions to the green list, possibly removals.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Queen will be able to shake something loose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57345764
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Maybe the Queen will be able to shake something loose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57345764
Thin she will be too busy keeping her Great Granddaughters safe.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:25 pm

The airlines are getting restless.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57390241
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
The airlines are getting restless.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57390241
They have been since January when the US introduced entry test requirements.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI we flew back from London Heathrow to JFK at the weekend under exception of our newborn being a US citizen. Check in took a long time (1hr) to verify documents but mostly due to 'homeland check' which was one staff member for the whole flight to seemingly verify us/our child. We were only asked for the birth certificate in addition to the usual documents (passports, covid tests, attestations). Once we landed in JFK, we were referred at immigration before being cleared 10mins later without any further questions.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by destone
They have been since January when the US introduced entry test requirements.
Yes, I suppose the point here is that they are calling loudly for a "green list" corridor.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Russet has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tino
FYI we flew back from London Heathrow to JFK at the weekend under exception of our newborn being a US citizen. Check in took a long time (1hr) to verify documents but mostly due to 'homeland check' which was one staff member for the whole flight to seemingly verify us/our child. We were only asked for the birth certificate in addition to the usual documents (passports, covid tests, attestations). Once we landed in JFK, we were referred at immigration before being cleared 10mins later without any further questions.
Anyone travelled in the opposite direction recently (JFK to LHR) - we have heard that the arrivals lines through immigration at LHR have been as long as 6 hours - we travel this week so hoping the lines are not as long as the flight!
Old Jun 7th 2021, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Russet
Anyone travelled in the opposite direction recently (JFK to LHR) - we have heard that the arrivals lines through immigration at LHR have been as long as 6 hours - we travel this week so hoping the lines are not as long as the flight!
Not really answering your question but just for reference, flew into Stansted from France and there was no one at immigration at all.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

classicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond repute

Tino - post your experiences as I’m heading the same way next week and like to prepare myself...Of course you might still be in line when I get there...
Old Jun 7th 2021, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by classicmds
Tino - post your experiences as I’m heading the same way next week and like to prepare myself...Of course you might still be in line when I get there...
My assumption was he meant there were no passengers in immigration and he breezed right through.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mercury39
My assumption was he meant there were no passengers in immigration and he breezed right through.
Exactly that. We were pretty slow off the plane with baby in tow and once we got to passport control we walked straight up to the counter without another soul in sight. Was landside about 15 seconds later.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by classicmds
Originally Posted by Tino
Exactly that. We were pretty slow off the plane with baby in tow and once we got to passport control we walked straight up to the counter without another soul in sight. Was landside about 15 seconds later.

Manchester airport also reports that things are pretty normal.

I'm trying to get an idea of what Dublin is like for transferring flights to/from the US, especially on the way back to the US where they have that US immigration outpost that is often quite full and cramped at the best of times.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 6:56 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

According to recent reports I've heard from people flying from LA into LHR T2, it is actually pretty quick. I'm going on the 19th and will report back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.