Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Sep 20th 2021, 2:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Widespread reporting that the US government is expected to shortly announce the lifting of restrictions on fully vaccinated travellers from the UK and EU to take effect from November.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 2:22 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

All because he irritated the EU with AUKUS.

Oh Biden.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

SeattleFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Some pointers from my trip back home to UK

The Antigen tests were sufficient to get me into the UK and out to the US.

Spent nearly $300 on testing in the UK. The logistics and worry about the wait It is such a pain.

Verifly App worked well for me.

2 days after I arrived back to the US I tested positive for Covid and got very sick. Now I am fully recovered.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 5:46 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
All because he irritated the EU with AUKUS.

Oh Biden.
Maybe, or because FDA/CDC are not instep with him on 3rd/booster shot and he needed alternate / more positive news cycle… and something based on an EO is easy because he can do it without any approval and control the timing…
Old Sep 21st 2021, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeattleFreeze
Some pointers from my trip back home to UK

The Antigen tests were sufficient to get me into the UK and out to the US.

Spent nearly $300 on testing in the UK. The logistics and worry about the wait It is such a pain.

Verifly App worked well for me.

2 days after I arrived back to the US I tested positive for Covid and got very sick. Now I am fully recovered.
Were you fully vaccinated by Pfizer prior to your trip to the UK? I.e. are you another “breakthrough” case?
Old Sep 21st 2021, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

SeattleFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Fully vaxed Moderna.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 9:14 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m flying to England (IAD - LHR) on Thursday, October 7, for an eight week stay. I’m a dual (UK, US) citizen, resident in the US. For vaccination documentation, I have the New York Excelsior Pass & the CDC card with vaccination details.

I’d thought that a COVID test, within the three days before boarding, was a requirement, in addition to the UK day 2 booked test and the Passenger Locator Form. Now I’m looking at this page, which says that a COVID test is no longer required prior to boarding in order to enter the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england
Under the new rules, you will not need to:
  • take a pre-departure test
  • take a day 8 COVID-19 test
  • quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days after you arrive in England
Like a lot of British government instructions it is confusingly and obscurely written. But am I reading the whole document right, no test needed for boarding or entering UK?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I’m flying to England (IAD - LHR) on Thursday, October 7, for an eight week stay. I’m a dual (UK, US) citizen, resident in the US. For vaccination documentation, I have the New York Excelsior Pass & the CDC card with vaccination details.

I’d thought that a COVID test, within the three days before boarding, was a requirement, in addition to the UK day 2 booked test and the Passenger Locator Form. Now I’m looking at this page, which says that a COVID test is no longer required prior to boarding in order to enter the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

Like a lot of British government instructions it is confusingly and obscurely written. But am I reading the whole document right, no test needed for boarding or entering UK?
Correct, effective October 4.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:01 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Correct, effective October 4.
Thanks.

In a way, I’d prefer they hadn’t relaxed this rule. Now there’s even more chance of people with a COVID infection being on the plane with me.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

In a way, I’d prefer they hadn’t relaxed this rule. Now there’s even more chance of people with a COVID infection being on the plane with me.
I would have thought that pre-travel tests made sense, but statistically speaking I could well be wrong.

Take some comfort from the fact that transmission risk on board a plane appears to be very low - air flow, filters, physical barriers from seats to masks, people not moving around and talking face to face etc.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2771435
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

I'd be more worried about domestic flights where you have anti vaxers on the plane. Planes are rammed again and airports getting very busy. The Transatlantic flights at least have the vast majority of people that have double jabbed.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chins
I'd be more worried about domestic flights where you have anti vaxers on the plane. Planes are rammed again and airports getting very busy. The Transatlantic flights at least have the vast majority of people that have double jabbed.
TBH, I’ve seen more mask-wearing compliance on domestic U.S. flights than international flights due to the hefty fine threat and airline ban imposed within the U.S. for non-compliance. On British Airways flights, in contrast, there is zero consequence.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 4:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

TBH, I’ve seen more mask-wearing compliance on domestic U.S. flights than international flights due to the hefty fine threat and airline ban imposed within the U.S. for non-compliance. On British Airways flights, in contrast, there is zero consequence.

Masking was complete on my Aer Lingus flights Chicago > Dublin > Gatwick > Manchester > Dublin > Chicago last month. They only came off for eating.

Mind you, the flights were only 1/3 full.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 5:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Chins
Yes, I have to fly Ogdensburg, NY to get to Dulles, and there’s no requirement those people are vaccinated. Passengers from IAD to LHR must be fully vaccinated. (When I flew LHR -BOS, British Airways, in June 2020 the masking was very hit or miss.)
Old Sep 24th 2021, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I have to fly Ogdensburg, NY to get to Dulles, and there’s no requirement those people are vaccinated. Passengers from IAD to LHR must be fully vaccinated. (When I flew LHR -BOS, British Airways, in June 2020 the masking was very hit or miss.)
You’ll be fine as I suspect that everyone on the NYC-IAD flight will be masked up as no one wants to pay a fine and get a lifetime ban from the airline.

There’s no vaccination requirement to enter the UK. And so I don’t believe that everyone will be vaccinated on the IAD-LHR leg. If you are flying British Airways, BA will not levy a fine or ban you if you refuse to wear your mask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.