Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old May 12th 2021, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

They do have my email from when I signed up to be notified.

And I think my mobile number.

A friend was in Florida and they used to be open house but there was a fuss over the number of Canadians and Mexicans flying in to get it so before her age group was reached they limited it.
Old May 12th 2021, 11:39 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
They do have my email from when I signed up to be notified.

And I think my mobile number.

A friend was in Florida and they used to be open house but there was a fuss over the number of Canadians and Mexicans flying in to get it so before her age group was reached they limited it.
I am not I would trust a system that that did not have an ID check.

Now we have more supply than demand I would say vaccinate anyone in the US, ID or not, but people who have it should be able to provide real ID for what will be an inevitable vacine / booster passport, which will at a minimum will likely be needed for international air travel. I assume less documented individuals engage in less international air travel anyway so it won’t be an issue for them.
Old May 12th 2021, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tht
I am not I would trust a system that that did not have an ID check.

Now we have more supply than demand I would say vaccinate anyone in the US, ID or not, but people who have it should be able to provide real ID for what will be an inevitable vacine / booster passport, which will at a minimum will likely be needed for international air travel. I assume less documented individuals engage in less international air travel anyway so it won’t be an issue for them.
Many people have been vaccinated, now I come to think about it another friend had to show her record and have a Covid test when travelling internationally, now I know what that looked like so they could not have been too fussy.

So how do you get a lets say ID compliant one, would you need to vaccinated again?
Old May 12th 2021, 11:47 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Many people have been vaccinated, now I come to think about it another friend had to show her record and have a Covid test when travelling internationally, now I know what that looked like so they could not have been too fussy.

So how do you get a lets say ID compliant one, would you need to vaccinated again?
If there is no secure record / ID verification, I guess some sort of antibody test.
Old May 13th 2021, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute

I did not have to show my license nor insurance card but I did have to get registered on their system with a basic Name, Address, DOB. Same with CVS where my husband got his vaccination too. The CDC might just be paper cards but I’m pretty sure we’re on the “system” that we’ve both been vaccinated. How else can we get daily accurate numbers saying how many people have been vaccinated in the State? Same with Covid tests. Pretty sure whatever Covid tests we take get sent to the CDC! For us to have a digital certificate though from the CDC it’s just a matter of implementing the software I guess!
Old May 13th 2021, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

They presumably get returns on how many vaccinations have been administered.
Old May 15th 2021, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

classicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That would only make sense if the restrictions on travel were being put in place by the UK. The restrictions preventing UK residents visiting the US will be dropped on Monday. We are just waiting for the US to reciprocate.
Interested why you think the restrictions will be dropped on Monday? Is there a source for this?

Also technically, if the UK does drop restrictions on UK residents visiting the US, then technically the mirror image of this already exists. The US has no restrictions on US residents visiting the UK and has not had any through the pandemic (though it has had various State Department advisory warnings).
Old May 15th 2021, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

classicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond reputeclassicmds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Preventing the unvaccinated from travelling is a political non-starter in the US - it's just not going to happen.
Well technically at the moment the US prevents the untested from travelling (i.e. from arriving in the US) so there is a precedent -- though you're right vaccinations are more politically charged that tests.

Old May 15th 2021, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
That doesn’t make sense. If that’s the only reason that Biden is allowed to travel then why not have a clause saying that ONLY vaccinated Americans + Britons be allowed to travel along with a Covid Negative Test (Just having a Covid negative test is not sufficient). Anyone who is not vaccinated cannot be allowed to travel full stop. If Cruise Lines are able to impose restrictions I’m sure that Airlines can also do the same. That would also quickly make the Anti Vaxxers get vaccinated too. If Biden is allowed to travel so should the rest of us regardless if he is the leader or not. I’m sure most expats on here like myself have been separated from their Uk families for more than a year now (2 in my case).
UK law allow diplomats to arrive without testing or quarantine, see: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules

I'm sure this is the rule that applies to Biden. Diplomats and delegates of foreign governments are always treated differently, both in regular times and in emergencies. For example Germany allowed Lenin to cross the country in 1917 as they knew it likely he would surrender if he gained power (which he did).

Old May 15th 2021, 11:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by classicmds
Interested why you think the restrictions will be dropped on Monday? Is there a source for this?
It’s been on the roadmap for months and the government confirmed it this week.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...ational-travel

Also technically, if the UK does drop restrictions on UK residents visiting the US, then technically the mirror image of this already exists. The US has no restrictions on US residents visiting the UK and has not had any through the pandemic (though it has had various State Department advisory warnings).
The issue is reciprocity. The UK has never blocked US residents from visiting but the US has barred UK visitors since March 2020.

Last edited by BritInParis; May 15th 2021 at 11:37 am.
Old May 15th 2021, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok my brain is working slow this morning but the new CDC Guidelines regarding mask wearing for only Unvaccinated People has to be the most stupidest rule ever. If Airlines have no way of finding out who’s Vaccinated I sure as hell am going to keep my mask on for the time being especially while going grocery shopping etc. I have no idea if the person standing next to me is Vaccinated or not; and yet if the risk of transmission of the virus is so low for those who are Vaccinated keeping the borders closed makes no sense to me. If there are still high number of deaths in The USA for them to still not allow International Travel then removal of masks rule is a dumb idea!! Watch the numbers spike up and we surely will have another wave soon!
Old May 15th 2021, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s been on the roadmap for months and the government confirmed it this week.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...ational-travel
I don't see anything in that article about the US being added to a green list on Monday. Monday May 17 is the date that the twelve countries listed go onto the green list. But the US is not one of them, and I don't believe any announcement that the US will be joining the green list is expected on Monday?
Old May 15th 2021, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
Ok my brain is working slow this morning but the new CDC Guidelines regarding mask wearing for only Unvaccinated People has to be the most stupidest rule ever. If Airlines have no way of finding out who’s Vaccinated I sure as hell am going to keep my mask on for the time being especially while going grocery shopping etc. I have no idea if the person standing next to me is Vaccinated or not; and yet if the risk of transmission of the virus is so low for those who are Vaccinated keeping the borders closed makes no sense to me. If there are still high number of deaths in The USA for them to still not allow International Travel then removal of masks rule is a dumb idea!! Watch the numbers spike up and we surely will have another wave soon!
Yes I don't understand it. It would only work if there was some mechanism of enforcing the rule, as a way of "persuading" (coercing?) unvaccinated people to get the shots. But since that doesn't exist, all masks will just come off and presumably the unvaccinated will spread it widely. Although masks are still required on airlines and all forms of public transport (because...err... it's really risky to be on a bus without a mask but not in a restaurant?!)
)
Old May 15th 2021, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Is this a sign?Quoted from the article linked

“British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will urge President Joe Biden to lift US-UK flight restrictions at their first face-to-face meeting since Biden took office, unless Biden does so before then, a top British official warned U.S. diplomats.

According to a U.S. diplomatic cable obtained by the PBS NewsHour, Robert Courts, Parliament's Under Secretary of State at the Department of Transport, requested an "urgent" meeting with the top-ranking official at the U.S. Embassy in London, chargé d'affaires Yael Lempert, on Monday.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs...l-restrictions
Old May 15th 2021, 9:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by classicmds
I don't see anything in that article about the US being added to a green list on Monday. Monday May 17 is the date that the twelve countries listed go onto the green list. But the US is not one of them, and I don't believe any announcement that the US will be joining the green list is expected on Monday?
I didn’t say it was. The US is currently on the amber list and will remain so until announced to be otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.